Sunday, February 16, 2020

Heart of Mine: Nat's Valentine Wedding Journal - Adding Tucks




Hi crafty people 😊
With my friends' wedding coming up soon, I am continuing on with the gorgeous journal I have put together for them.  The next step is to add lots of pockets and tuck-spots where they can keep photos, papers and other ephemera from their special day.

My first job was to ink the edges of all the tea dyed and music pages with "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink. I also lightly inked over the holes in the pianola paper to make them stand out more.


I went through my off-cuts of Graphic 45 "Love Notes" papers that were left over from making the pages for the journal, and found a piece perfect for a tuck spot on the inside front cover.  I inked this with "Black Soot" Distress Ink and applied glue to three edges, sticking it down so it was open towards the inside of the book - enabling me to slip ephemera inside.



I cut a corner tuck spot from a piece of the "Musical Masterpiece" paper. I didn't need to measure this as holding it to the page enabled me to see where I wanted to cut, and the pattern of the hearts helped guide me and keep my cutting straight.  This piece is glued and adhered along the bottom and left hand side.  I then used my fine-tip applicator bottle filled with Helmars 450 glue to add lace down the side of the page, overhanging just a little so it can be seen from the other side.


I had off cuts of the gorgeous starting paper of the pianola roll that I had made the envelope from so I used this to edge the pianola paper page.  It adds a beautiful touch. I love mixing the old and the new together to create something beautiful.



With more of the "Love Notes" paper scraps I punched some teeny, tiny envelopes out, inked around them and glued them together.


I used these envelopes to decorate a strip of paper and glued the top and bottom edges of this to the page to create a "belly-band".  On the opposite tea-dyed page I placed an off-cut of the "Romantic Rhapsody" paper that I had punched some hearts from for another project.  This was stuck down on three sides leaving it open as a tuck spot in the middle.  Then I added some vintage music paper and two pieces of ephemera cut from the "Poetic Postage" paper.  The stamp embellishment is backed on to a piece of frayed, tea-dyed bandage material.


Here is a video of this page being put together:


Next I fussy cut this gorgeous big rose from the "Floral Symphony" paper.  I used my Wink of Stella "Red" pen to put some highlights on this and all of the roses on the opposing page.   This added some beautiful subtle sparkles to the petals.


On the back inside cover, I layered some off-cuts from two of the "Love Notes" collection pages and put some plain black card stock from my stash on one as a photo mat.  I have a lovely picture of the cute couple to put here eventually.  I then added a cut out from the "Poetic Postage" paper.


Here is a flip through to show you the tuck spots added thus far:


I hope I have given you some ideas on how to use gorgeous papers, such as the Graphic 45 "Love Notes" collection to create handy spaces to keep ephemera in your own journals.  More fun lies ahead with embellishments to be made and the final flip-though........
Take care and have fun crafting,
Nat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...