Friday, April 3, 2020

Life Within the Seed 2 - Aussie Scrapper 12x12 Layout "Follow Your Dreams"




Hello, Dear Crafty friends.  I hope everyone is well and coping as best they can with these crazy times we are currently living in.
 I was so excited for this kit to arrive as I loved the papers Aunty Vera picked for the April theme "Life Within the Seed 2".  March was a very busy month for me and I was not able to scrap at all so when my April core products arrived I was itching to get back into my craft room.

This month I am so excited to be working with Bo Bunny's "Garden Grove" Collection

Once I got acquainted with the core products I went in search of a suitable photo and I fell in love with a close-up photo of my daughter and I knew immediately the papers were perfect.  I quickly printed my photo and then went to pick my papers.  These were the winning papers:

the first paper is called "Ambiance" and the second paper is called "Vibrant" and I chose to use the B side of the paper.


Next, I trimmed down the "Vibrant" paper and I took out an old border punch and created a decorative edge on the top and bottom.


I decided I wanted to use a stencil that was on my desk and in the end, I ended up using two different stencils from my stash as I wanted to break up a bit of the busy background paper "Ambiance".  I only used the clock from the first stencil but unfortunately, you really cannot see it in the photo.


My photo needed something to help it "pop"  so I found a beautiful doily in my stash and this layout slowly started to come together.


I wanted to highlight my stencilling a bit more and also add some pink to my layout, so I took out my old gelatos and using a soft brush I lightly brushed on some pink colour to my stencilling.


I had no idea what to title this layout so I decided to look through my huge stash of chipboard and I fell in love with this title as I thought it suited the photo perfectly "always follow your dreams".  I added some gesso to the chipboard and then I used some Ranger embossing liquid and I added colour by using some perfect pearls.


Next, it was time to play with the beautiful Noteworthy ephemera from this beautiful collection.


I went around the "Vibrant" paper which some perfect pearls in the colour pink and then I decided to add some Ranger Distress Glitter in clear Rock Candy for some extra sparkle.  I glued down my chosen ephemera and this is what we have so far.


Here is the completed layout.  I am truly in love with this layout.  I think it is my favourite one.  I just love the papers and I believe this photo was perfect for them.  



Please feel free to join the creative team and craft along with us.  I would love it if you got your scrappy vibes on and posted some on your wonderful creations on the Crafty Vera & Friends Facebook group.

Before I sign off, just a reminder that these products are available during the month of April at some really great prices so please go and check out auntyverascrapandcraft.com.au and grab yourself some bargains.

If you're wanting to check out the process video just click HERE.







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...