Sunday, April 26, 2020

Life Within the seed 2 - Aussie Scrapper's 12x12 layout "Mi Abuela"




Hello Dear Crafty Friends,  What a month it's been and here I am with my Fourth Layout for this month.  Using the Bo Bunny "Garden Grove Collection" I must say that I have truly loved this collection.  It's been lovely to create feminine layouts that bring me so much joy.

I will confess that I did struggle with this layout but in the end, I like how it turned out.  I have been wanting to scrap this photo I have of my grandmother (Abuela) for a long time.  It is the only photo I have of her from when she was young.

I started by picking my background paper.  I will be using side B of the paper "Garden Grove Blanket" this is the green paper  and  for my background paper I will be using side B of the "Garden Grove Remember" the beautiful beige/creamy coloured paper.


The first thing I did was to gut the inside of the "garden grove Blanket" paper and then also cut a piece to matt my photo.  I took this piece of paper and ran it through my cuttle bug machine using an embossing folder.  I then inked the raised pattern with some distress oxides using the colour "vintage Photo". Sorry in the picture I showed the wrong colour as I changed my mind after taking the photo...


I trimmed all four side of the paper  "Garden Grove Remember" and adhered it down to the matt I made earlier and I also matted my photo with the same paper that I had earlier embossed and inked.


I fell in love the the "Garden Grove Spring" paper and just had to use it as a layer so I cut a rectangle and then I decided to give it a softer look by taking out my old patterned scissors and cutting around all four sides.  I also inked all four sides with the Vintage Photo Distress oxides.


Here is how the layout is looking so far, please ignore the chipboard stuck on the left-hand corner as I change my mind and this is later removed.


I took a piece that was left over from my embossed paper and I ran it through my cuttlebug using an old spellbinders die.  (this layout really did inspire me to bring out all the old toys).  I pulled out some of the ephemera from the Bo Bunny "Noteworthy" collection and I also used some doilies from my stash.  I dyed some cheesecloth using the Shabby Shutters distress spray stain and added pieces of cheesecloth around my layout. 



Finally, I fix the top Left-hand corner by removing the chipboard and adding some different ephemera as well as some ribbon and of course my dyed cheesecloth.  I add the title and my layout is complete.


Thanks everyone and for those interested here is the link to the process video  

This beautiful collection can be purchased at reduced prices for the month of April from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.





6 comments:

  1. Love this layout Silvia. A wonderful photo to have as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Silvia and certainly a treasured photo xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silva, our layouts are always so gorgeous. Love the colours, papers and the photograph. I envy you all the old photographs, my family doesn't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours in this layout. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a treasured photo and you really have created a stunning layout to complement it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Sue,I love the photo xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...