Thursday, April 9, 2020

Life Within the Seed 2 - Aussie Scrapper's 12x12 layout "Granny's Necklace"




Hello, dear crafty friends, I write this blog sitting at work during my dinner break thankful and grateful that I still have a job and more grateful that after a whole week of homeschooling and self-isolation I finally get away from the house.  I hope everyone is coping is these ever-changing times and adjusting to life as we currently know it.  I hope you are all well and this won't be forever so let's enjoy the slower pace of life while we can.

My second layout using the Garden Grove collection from BoBunny, took many twists and turns and I thought I was going to struggle writing this blog but I tried my best to explain my processes.  I had picked my photo and then I had to pick my paper.
I chose this paper as I thought it picked up on the blue hue in the photo and I love the butterflies down the bottom...


I had this idea that I wanted to surround the photo with flowers but I did not have anything in my stash that matched the papers, so I decided to make my own and get very messy whilst having a lot of fun.....I took out my gelli plate (Vera does sell them)..I took out some stencils, some stamps and I got out some Tim Holtz collage paper.  


Things got very messy and I had a tonne of fun but I really did start wishing I could pop on over to "Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft" and start raiding her paints section...  I really wanted to do all this with Dina Wakely paints but I don't have any in my stash so I had to make do with some blue paints that I do have and my distress oxides to do my gelly printing.  I used white embossing powders to stamp my flowers and then I sat in front of the telly and did a stack of fussy cutting. Here are all the flowers I made..


I bought in my photo of daughter playing with Grannys necklace (truth is she is trying to steal the necklace off her) and I arranged my flowers till I was happy with the end the result.


Things were looking a bit dull so I took out my distress oxides once again but this time I did the old packaging technique.  I took a piece of plastic packaging on my desk added some ink then I sprayed some water, mixed the two together then kissed my paper with this ink.  The colours I used were:Chipped Sapphire and Broken China.  I did use my heat gun to dry in between layers.


I am on a mixed media roll so of course, I am going to add some stencilling..


Next, I took the Bo Bunny "Noteworthy" ephemera pack and the Bo Bunny Brads as well as the Bo Bunny stickers. All are from the Garden Grove Collection.


I used the blue butterfly from the Bo Bunny Brads and I used some of the brads on my flowers.  I used two of the tags from the Bo Bunny Stickers and I added some tiny word stickers from my stash.


I love the Noteworthy Ephemera pack from Bo Bunny.  I have circled in black the pieces I chose for this layout.


For added texture, I added some tiny stones and some cheesecloth.  I hope you like this layout as much as I do.


My layout is finished and its time for me to go to Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft as I want to buy some Dina Wakely paints, so I can do make some more gelly prints and I believe this would have been a better medium.  

I also invite you to visit this wonderful online shop as you will find the BoBunny Garden Grove Collection on special for the month of April as well some other treasures.

For a full video tutorial please click HERE.






4 comments:

  1. Thisi is so gorgeous Silvia. I love love love this layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you have created and your beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree this is my favourite love love thisbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Silvia, love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...