Thursday, April 23, 2020

Life Within the Seed 2 - Mother & Son, Nat's Scrapbook Layout





Hi everyone, hope you are all safe and well!
A few of the gorgeous Bo Bunny 'Garden Grove' papers that I received this month really suit a vintage theme - rather than the bright colours I have been using for my other projects.  With this month's theme being 'Life Within the Seed 2' I began thinking of motherhood, so scoured my family photos to find this beauty of a mother and her son and felt it would be perfect to go with the papers for my first ever scrapbook layout!


I chose the Garden Grove 'Remember ' and 'Tranquility ' papers with their gorgeous roses and vintage feel.


I cut down the 'Tranquility' paper to use both sides as the alternative side had a lovely ledger print, then inked all edges of the papers with 'Black Soot' Distress ink.  Next I found a rectangle doily that I had previously dyed with watered down black acrylic.  I arranged all of these pieces on top of one another until I was happy with the format and used double-sided tape to stick the papers down and Helmar's glue to adhere the doily.


My chosen photo was printed onto matte photo paper as I preferred less gloss for this layout.  I cut some black cardstock just a little larger than the photo to create a photo mat and adhered the photo to this with the double-sided tape.


Pieces of stunning second-hand black lace were glued onto the page in two places, then the faux negative strip and photo added using double sided tape.


Now the only thing missing is a title for this page.......


I grabbed some of my tea-dyed cardstock, jumped on my computer and searched the fonts available on Microsoft Word until I found one I liked then proceeded to print the title and date of the photo.


I tore around the words and date, inked them with the 'Black Soot' Distress ink then glued them onto the page.


I love the way this page turned out and think I may have caught the Scrapbooking bug!  Such a lovely way to display precious memories.
Process video available for your viewing here:


Aunty Vera products used for this page that are discounted for the month of April are the Bo Bunny 'Garden Grove' papers:
  • Remember
  • Tranquility
Take care and happy crafting!
Love Nat xxx

2 comments:

  1. Very vintage looking Nat, love it xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, it was a nice break for the Easter brightness! Love these papers :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...