Sunday, November 3, 2019

I Think She Was an Aussie - Aussie Scrapper Granny and Pops Aussie house in the beachy bush.




Hello crafty friends,  I want to know where has the year gone?  I am finding it so hard to believe it's now November and Christmas is not far off.

Aunty Vera has picked an Australia theme for the month of November and as always the papers are beautiful but for me, they are a little bit tricky.  This month we are working with paper from Couture Creation from the "Sunburnt Country collection".  These papers feature a lot of birds, and birds and I are not friends,  I don't like birds.

Regardless of my bird issue, I did manage to create a layout with these papers and not a bird in sight.

The minute I laid my eyes on this paper Couture Creations "Sunburnt Country collection" paper 03A,  I knew immediately I was going to document my children's grandparents house.



I wanted my photo to pop off from this busy paper so I matted it first with a piece of paper from the "Indigo Skies" Kaisercraft paper pad collection and then I gave it a second matt with some scrap paper from my stash.




My next thought was to somehow nestle the photo into all the leaves of the paper.  I got this idea because as you can see the house is nestled amongst the trees.  This is the view of the house from the beach.  I cut around some of the leaves so that they would frame the photo.  I also got out my Distress oxide ink in the colour "bundled sage" and shaded in around where I thought the photo would go.


I wanted to add a bit more interest to my paper so I did stamping using a stamp from my stash and distress oxides ink in the colour "shaded lilac"


I was still not satisfied and so I decided I need to add more texture to this paper.  I got out my Kaisercraft "Spotty" stencil (you can buy your own from Aunty Vera Scrap and craft) and I used my new product - Inka Gold - which just so happens to be one of my chosen products.  The colour is called "graphite" and it's just what this layout needed.

This is what it looks like so far:  The strip at the top of the layout is actually the branding strip from the 3A paper.  I thought it framed the layout perfectly.

This layout came together very quickly.  The last thing I added was some die cuts from the Couture Creations "Sunburnt Country collection"..  These die cuts were part of my November core products.  I picked the Kangaroo because their house is always visited by the local wild kangaroos and its a common sight to see kangaroos on their front lawn.


Finally here is the completed layout.



Feel free to check out Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft to get your hands on these fabulous paper.  The stencil is a favourite go-to of mine too and worth having in your stash.  

If you wish to see the you tube tutorial click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkSaN_JrYU4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...