Monday, November 11, 2019

I Think She Was an Aussie - Silvia's Layout of Potato Point; an interesting quaint spot in Australia .




Hello Crafty Friends,  I bring to you another layout using these beautiful papers from Couture Creations "Sunburnt Country" collection. I decided to scrapbook about a lovely quiet beach in Australia known as Potato Point.  It's a secret hidden gem and the kids always have some amazing adventure whenever we visit.

I started in my usual way of picking my photos first and then deciding on the paper.  I will confess this is the part I always find the hardest.  I really wish I would start pre-planning my layouts.  Might save me heaps of time.

In the end, I decided on my background paper.  This gorgeous green paper with faint imprints of the  wattle flower (I think).


I then thought what will go well with this paper and my photos and the paper that jumped out at me was paper 07A.  I will actually be using both sides of this paper as I will be cutting this paper to get rid of the bird and then since I hate wasting paper I decide to use the back of the paper.


Side A gets cut to eliminate the bird.  The width will be 15cm and then I will cut the remaining paper and the width will be 11cm.  No one will ever know that there was a bird in these papers...


My Layout so far looks like this and not very exciting.....


Time to work on my photos.  I first matted my photos with some with cardstock to help them pop off the page.  I found this scrap piece of paper and so I gave the photos a second matt and kept a fourth piece for my title.

I also inked all my papers including the red scrap paper with some Antique Brillance Wax in the colour Lucky Emerald.


While working on this layout an idea started to form in my head so I got out a mason jar die I had in my stash.

Time to put this layout together.  I chose to use two different ephemera packs for my embellishments.
I used the waratah, gum leaves, map of Australia stamp from the Sunburnt Country pack as well at the acorns from the Kaisercraft collectables "Under the Gum Leaves',  I used the leaves in the middle of my layout as well as the beautiful waratah which is nestled above the map of Australia


I printed my journaling on some vellum and put this whole layout together.  I hope you like the final outcome.


These beautiful papers and ephemera can all be purchased from the friendliest online craft shop around.  Click the link and spoil yourself HERE.
If you wish to see the process video the link is HERE.






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...