Monday, November 25, 2019

I Think She Was an Aussie: Aussie Scrapper layout "every moment matters"




Hello Crafty friends,

I am back with another layout featuring these gorgeous papers from Couture Creations.  This collection "Sunburnt Country" has been amazing to work with.  I cannot believe I have made 4 layouts with them and I do believe this is my favourite layout of the four.

Today's layout is about a captured moment I photographed of my son walking with his granny and her dog Simmi over the Troll bridge.  It's not a great photograph as I was far away when I took it but I love to document the everyday moments and these non-significant moments usually become the most precious.

This layout came together very quickly because as soon as I saw my photo I knew immediately what paper I was going to use and I already had an idea in my head.  I picked my favourite paper 08A and i use both sides of this paper.  Side A has the beautiful waratah and Side B has that beautiful wood grain.

The next step took the longest but was well worth the effort.  I fussy cut around the whole reef.



Now, that my reef is all cut out, this will be placed on top of the wood grain paper.

Time to work on my photo.  I decided my photos was going to need three matts to stand out from this busy background.  So in my scrap pieces of paper, I pulled out three pieces of paper that worked well with colours in my layout.


I had a smaller photo where you can see the troll bridge so I matted this photo the same as my main photo.

In my stash, I had this beautiful die-cut map of Australia which I received from a die swap we had here on this wonderful group, so I used my distress oxides to add some colour.  I believe the colour was bundled sage.


The title I made on my silhouette machine and then used some embossing powders to get the vibrant colour I wanted.  I hope you like the final result.

Head over to Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft to get your hands on these beautiful papers, just click on the link and they will be at your door before you know it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...