Sunday, November 17, 2019

I Think She Was an Aussie - Aussie Scrapper layout "Laugh Kookaburra Laugh"





Hello to my crafty friends, I'm writing this blog and praying that all Aussies are safe from these fires burning.  Being in a rural area myself we are on high alert and my car is packed with my photos, our important documents and we are ready to evacuate.  I pray for all fellow Aussies during these times.

Today's layout is going to make some people I know laugh.  It's no secret that I do not like birds but I scrap to document our lives and for my children to one day look back on their childhood and reminisce.   Today's photos are of Granny at her house and visiting Granny means that in the afternoon she gets some great Aussie visitors on her verandah.  The laughing kookaburra.

My photos, of course, were already picked so it was time to pick my papers.  I settled on my background paper, its side B of paper 08A from Couture Creations "sunburnt country collection"


I wanted this layout to be bright and light as kookaburras always seem to be laughing and enjoying the lighter side of life.  I picked these two papers from the "sunburnt country collection" Paper 11A and paper 02A.


I cut these papers into two wide strips. Sorry I only photographed one paper.  The paper with the kangaroos which is paper 02a will be 5.5" vertically and 10" horizontally.


Time to work on my photos.  I took some beige cardstock and using my perfect layers ruler, I made a perfect matt 1.6mm all around my photo. ( HERE is the link to get yourself a set of these perfect rulers I love so much) 


My photos still need an extra pop of colour to help them stand out, so I took a piece of pink paper from my stash and I matted my photos with this paper.  I will also use this same paper to matt the whole layout.


I chose a few of the ephemera pieces from couture creation "sunburnt country collection ephemera".


I fussy cut the kookaburra from the stamp and I also took paper 01A and fussy cut out two waratahs.  I took a chipboard tree from my stash and did some journaling on a tag that I found in my stash as well.  I hope you like the finished layout.


I really like how light and airy this layout is, I hope you like it too.  Remember that these gorgeous papers can all be yours and Aunty Vera has them all on special so please click on this link and get your own set of these beautiful papers HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...