Sunday, August 25, 2019

Dance Like a Hippogriff - Donna creates Harry's Bookshelf Part 1

Hello Crafty Friends!
We have a wonderful 2-part project for you from Donna....... Harry Potter's Bookshelf!
You can just imagine, right?
Here is Part 1 - decorating the actual shelf....... and stay tuned tomorrow when Donna shows us how she created all the magical bits and pieces that Harry keeps on his shelves!





Hi all,
This is my favourite project and has lots of little interesting bits in it.
I do hope you enjoy it..
I have a separate post to show you how I created all these little interesting things..

I started off with Vignette Set divided box and while it looked great I wanted it to be a bit more shabby so I dry pained roughly around the box and on the shelves with white paint.. I then inked over it, again roughly with vintage Photo Distress ink until I was happy with it.. I didn't worry about the back of the shelves as I was covering it with paper..


I did the sides and top and bottom as well..


I cut paper to fit the back of the panels ready to decorate.. Have to love these papers..


I used the sticker strips from this month's gorgeous papers along the dividers of the shelves.. The metal corners helped finish off the box..
Top Left Shelf... The key is pretty special I reckon..


Placing the Dumbeldore frame which has a pin on the back straight into the wood keeps it secured and a tiny bit of film strip behind it just gives it a little interest.. Doesn't that washi tape stand out on the dark bottle. Love it.. Can you see the ink pot?
Top Right Shelf.


The Middle and Bottom Shelves were fun to do.. I added a little bottle charm hanging from the wood and behind it place a wax seal that I coated with Inka Gold. The brick sticker strip looks perfect against all this lushiness.. The Phoenix (really a peacock but we can pretend right??) is just sitting back ready to do its thing..


I didn't have a white owl but loved this steampunk gold owl and thought it could be a student at Hogwarts school.. A little bit of film strip in the background just gives this shelf a little more interest..  I miss Dobby!! 


The Middle section of the box is wonderful with lots of goodies. Books, wands, bottles and thingys are all part of the charm..


I adore how all the books just became books with a piece of folded paper.. So darn cute.. 


The Top Shelf.. Filled with all sorts of wonderful things.. A pinch of this and a pinch of that, How exciting ...


The finished cupboard.. Harry sure has a lot of stuff there..


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

Products are:

Harry Potter Papers - Paper House 
Harry Potter Die - Hogwarts Castle 
Paper House Washi Tape pack - Patronus
Paper House - Harry Potter Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Vignette Set - Divided Box
Kaisercraft Die and Stamp Set - Noted
Ranger Mixed Media Powder - Hammered 

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout June.

.....................................................................................................................

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...