Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Dance Like a HippoGriff - Tina's Harry Potter Pop Up Box Cards

Hello Crafty Friends!
This has been such a fun month - I'll be a bit sad when it ends.
Today Tina shares her final Harry Potter project with us... and I'm in LOVE!!!





Hello everyone, Today I have made two Pop Up Box Cards. Another first for me.


Start by cutting the card base in black cardstock as shown below (image below is with white paper for the purpose of this tutorial).


Score as shown below.


Because I wanted the back to stay upright, I did not score all the way on the B piece.
Cut and fold along the score lines as shown below.


Here is what it will look like in black cardstock.



Glue the thin flap from the right side of the A piece to the left side of the B piece. I added some blue textured cardstock on the parts I wanted to decorate, which will be the flaps that fold down except for the back piece which will stay upright.


Here is the other side which will be the bottom half of the card.


I cut out the image I wanted for the back piece slightly smaller than the blue cardstock and inked the edges with Distress Ink - Black Soot, (I did this to all the patterned pieces).
I then cut a circle around the moon and used one of the Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Dimensional Domes - 1.5'' - pk of 12, and filled with Little Birdie - Sequins Melody - Blue Dazzler. I glued the dome shaker piece down and then the rest of the image in place over the top.


Glue the other pieces which will be upside down so when the flaps fold down they will be the right way up.



The other side.


Join the sides together to make the Box Card.


Cut two pieces of black cardstock measuring 4 1/4'' x 1'' and score 1/2'' on both side sand fold.


Glue these to the inside left and right sides of the card.


I finished the card with the images I fussy cut from the papers.


I decorated the second card with some of the washi tape, sticker from the sticker sheet and one of the Tim Holtz Assemblage Charms - Glass Vials which I filled with Little Birdie - Mixed Media Stones.




Finished cards.


This month I tried a few projects that I have never made before as well as watching the Harry Potter movies for the first time and I enjoyed all of them. Here are my projects for this month.


I hope you enjoyed these projects.

Here is a list of the products for this month.

Core Products
Paper House - Harry Potter 12 x 12 double sided gold foiled paper
Reminisce - Wizard 102 12 x 12 double sided paper
Paper House - Harry Potter Washi Tape Pack - Patronus

Chosen Products
 Paper House - Harry Potter Cardstock Stickers - Harry Potter
Reminisce - Wizard 101 - 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Dimensional Domes - 1.5'' - pk of 12
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Regions Beyond 
Paper House - Harry Potter - Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Assemblage Charms - Glass Vials
Tim Holtz Idea - Ology Foundations - Box Feet - pk of 4 

All the products listed can be purchased HERE at a discounted price

Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...