Thursday, August 15, 2019

Dance Like a HippoGriff - Tina's Endless Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
Aren't we seeing some fabulous HP cards from the Team this month?
Today's card from Tina is SO appropriate for our theme - an Endless Card..... or as I like to call them - a MAGIC card!!!!! lol. I always love playing with these - they totally do my head in even if I CAN see how they work from Tina's tutorial.... they still seem like magic to me!






Hi everyone, I wanted to share an update on my Harry Potter movie marathon this month. As some of you know, until I started these projects I had never seen any of the movies, just bits and pieces, nor have I read any of the the books. Well second project in and I am halfway through the fourth movie and I am really enjoying them. Thank you Vera.
Okay, my project for today is an endless card or some people call them a never ending card. This is the first one I have ever made and like the movies I really enjoyed making it and I think I'm hooked.


I made this card 8'' x 8'' because of the sizes of the cut outs I used.
Start by cutting four pieces of cardstock 4'' x 8''.


Score along the 8'' side at 2'' and 6'' on all four pieces.


Fold along all the score lines and burnish with a bone folder then fold the opposite side and burnish again.


Add glue to the corners of two pieces being careful not to go too far (I do this one at a time as I am attaching the pieces together). I marked it here in blue just for the purpose of the tutorial. It is slightly less than 2'' from the sides in, and just above and below the scorelines.


Take one of the two remaining pieces and line it up the opposite way, I start left to right. Carefully glue this on so it lines up perfectly on both glued corners.


Then glue the right side.


Do the same with the bottom.



Next I turned the card so it looks like this.



I marked the way this card will open from A to D, as you test the card by opening it burnish well on the natural fold the card creates.

The card will start this way.


Then open left to right and it will look like the image below.


Open up and down will look like this.


Then left to right will look like this.


Keep going and the card will go back to the beginning and so on.
I decorated all my sections with cardstock to match the colors of the paper from this month's theme.
Here I have shown each page of the card.

A



B






C



D




I decorated each page with the papers from the Paper House - Harry Potter 12 x 12 double sided gold foiled paper collection.
The card has four pages which is perfect for the four houses at Hogwarts.

A
For the first page I went with Gryffindor. I layered the cardstock in keeping with the house colors. I fussy cut some of the images from the collection and used some of the stickers. I also  cut out the spell book and potion bottles from the Sizzix - Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Regions Beyond, I absolutely love this die set.


B
On this page I went with Slytherin ( with a sneak peak of Ravenclaw). I added grey cardstock on to the green. The images are the focal on all my pages and I went with the Paper House - Harry Potter Cardstock Stickers - Harry Potter on the four corner pieces.


C
This page is Ravenclaw, again I used the images I cut out from the collection and some of the stickers from the Reminisce - Wizard 101 - 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet, and the candles from theSizzix - Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Regions Beyond.


D
This page belongs to Hufflepuff, I love the foil patterns on this collection.


The card can stand upright which makes it an ideal gift to display and I really loved making it.








I recommend giving these type of cards a try, they are a lot of fun.

I hope you enjoyed this project.

Here is a list of the products for this month.

Core Products
Paper House - Harry Potter 12 x 12 double sided gold foiled paper
Reminisce - Wizard 102 12 x 12 double sided paper
Paper House - Harry Potter Washi Tape Pack - Patronus

Chosen Products
 Paper House - Harry Potter Cardstock Stickers - Harry Potter
Reminisce - Wizard 101 - 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Dimensional Domes - 1.5'' - pk of 12
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Regions Beyond 
Paper House - Harry Potter - Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Assemblage Charms - Glass Vials
Tim Holtz Idea - Ology Foundations - Box Feet - pk of 4 

All the products listed can be purchased HERE at a discounted price

Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...