Saturday, August 3, 2019

Dance Like a HippoGriff - Donna's Harry Potter Fireside Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
The Creative Team are so excited with this month's theme - Harry Potter!!!! We're in for some fabulous crafty ispiration!
Today Donna gets the party started by throwing a bit of floo powder into the fireplace and transporting us into her craft space where she has created a magical fireplace card......







Hi all,
Well we have started!! And how excited I am for this month's theme 
Harry Potter.. Love it.. 
I brought two dies from Aunty Vera which are Tim Holtz dies 'Fireside'  
and thought that would be perfect for a card I have in mind and yep I love it.
Now after I made this I thought it's too bare on the sides, so I am going to leave this one here and then do an updated one when I place a few items elsewhere.. 
And I forgot to take step by step photos, (blame it on the flu I have), but it really is pretty easy..

Harry, Harry, are you there Harry? Be careful Harry they are looking for you..


My updated version.. Books on one side and a potion jar sitting just on the edge  the other side of the fire place.. 


Can you remember in the movie 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire', when Sirius Black calls Harry in the fireplace, well I thought this fireplace was perfect..


An open book perhaps spying on Harry by Rita Skeeter..
And what is that key to I wonder??  


Two bottles on the mantel mm yep it's Poly Juice Potion and Witches Powder dust..


Newer version. Something as simple as a book can make all the difference..


This potion bottle is going to fall, I know it...


I cut a whole heap of items from the Regions Beyond die and let me tell you I will be cutting more for sure as they are so cute..


This is the piece of paper I cut with the Hogwarts crest. I did have to cut it down to fit on the card which is a 5 1/4 inch x 5 1/4 inch square card.. I placed a black mat behind this to make it stand out.. 
These are the dies I used from Sizzix -Tim Holtz. 


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

Exciting start already and loving it....

Products are:

Harry Potter Papers - Paper House 
Harry Potter Die - Hogwarts Castle 
Paper House Washi Tape pack - Patronus
Paper House - Harry Potter Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Vignette Set - Divided Box
Kaisercraft Die and Stamp Set - Noted
Ranger Mixed Media Powder - Hammered 

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout June.

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...