Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Dance Like a Hippogriff - Donna's Castle Shaker Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
Donna is really having fun this month!!
If you love Harry Potter.... and you love shaker cards...... *passes the smelling salts*....... 







Hi all,
I am loving this month's theme from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.. 
Harry Potter - 'Dance Like a HippoGriff'
I decided that I love the Hogwarts Castle die so much I had to make a Shaker Card 
with it and you all know how much I love shaker cards.. 

To start with I created the background with Distress Oxide inks.


Add some ink to a gloss service or mat, in this case it is my glass mat from TIm Holtz. Spray some water on it and using a gloss card, (photo paper is great) either pat it on the ink or kind of drag it through; keep doing that until you are happy with the results..
Dry thoroughly and with a baby wipe gently wipe away the top layer.. 
Tip: once you do this stage you cannot go back over it with more ink, it makes it look weird lol. 


I did several and picked the one I liked the most..


I die cut a circle from it which was 4 inches. I punched a 1 1/8 inch circle from white cardstock and inked around the edges and a little in the middle to give some shadow.. This becomes the moon..


I die cut two Hogwarts Castles and with one just snipped off the middle section to give me just the frame.. I also cut a 4 inch black cardstock circle and a 4 inch piece of acetate.



Using the frame piece I placed Versamark ink all around it and poured the Mixed Media Hammered Embossing Powder 


Shake off the ink and heat emboss the frame..


You can see the embossed frame here.. Isn't it gorgeous, I am so happy with this powder..
I also fussy cut around the castle top on the moon then adhered the white moon on top of the black moon and let the castle fall onto it.. 


I chose one of the 6 inch x 6 inch cut aparts from the gorgeous papers in this month's theme. I cut it down 5 inches x 5 inches and matted it on black cardstock measuring 5 1/8 inch x 5 1/8 inch then on to the white base which I had inked around with Archival Ink - Coffee. 


I placed three pearls down the side.. I love how the gold from the paper seemed to highlight the shaker frame..


The card in its glory.. This really is such a gorgeous card that the photo does not do it justice at all..


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx


Products are:

Harry Potter Papers - Paper House 
Harry Potter Die - Hogwarts Castle 
Paper House Washi Tape pack - Patronus
Paper House - Harry Potter Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Vignette Set - Divided Box
Kaisercraft Die and Stamp Set - Noted
Ranger Mixed Media Powder - Hammered 

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout June.
.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...