Saturday, August 31, 2019

Dance Like a HippoGriff - Donna's Harry Potter Mini Book

Hello Crafty Friends!
I just love mini books and Donna's HP booklet today is just magical!
Please enjoy our final Harry Potter themed project for 2019......





Hi all,
You have to love all the projects I have been creating this month with Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft. 
It really is a toss up between Cooking and HP, which I love the most.. 

I decided to make this little booklet using the stamps and some of the glorious papers I received. 
You can see instructions here on how I created this..

All items used on this booklet are listed at the end of this post, please click on the links to take you to Aunty Vera's shop..


These are what we call cut-aparts, They come on a 12 inch x 12 inch piece of paper and each one measures 3 inches x 4 inches.. This is the selection I choose for this booklet..


I stamped assorted papers with the Noted stamp set and Archival Black ink and fussy cut them. 
I then inked around each one with brown ink.. 


Using a strip of paper I created a spine to neaten the edges up.. I made a belly band to keep the booklet closed and how appropriate was this sticker from the sticker sheet.  


My favourite cut-apart 'Never Stop Looking Up'. Love this!! I painted the moon with Dimensional Magic Gloss to give it some shine.


You have to agree, that washi tape is GLORIOUS!! . 


I love these stamps and can see myself using them heaps.. 


I have a tee shirt with this on it, (can you tell I am a fan?). Did you notice the bling on the row of diamonds or the bird..


How brilliant do these look together.


Now everyone knows that Ron loves his candy Right?? I placed two of the pearls on his eyes and haven't decided yet if they are spooky or not lol.


In the looking glass, I wonder what we see!! Did you see the gold pearls?  They are brilliant..


Love how this turned out.. Stamps and fussy cutting does wonders.. 


I fussy cut the little windows out of the reel and place a gold sheet from the papers behind it.. 
The stamped book is fussy cut from a brown piece of paper and then again from the grey. 
I cut the two grey pages and glued them down only in the middle and 
curled the pages a little. (it is hard to see here). Love love that ruler..


Though this photo has not picked it up well, the whole piece of cut-apart is covered in glitter. 
I also darkened the shadows to make them stand out more.. 


Back of the book and if you look closely, you will see what a HippoGriff looks like... 


I love this little booklet. Simple but magical all the same..


The booklet and cards together..


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

Products are:

Harry Potter Papers - Paper House 
Harry Potter Die - Hogwarts Castle 
Paper House Washi Tape pack - Patronus
Paper House - Harry Potter Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Vignette Set - Divided Box
Kaisercraft Die and Stamp Set - Noted
Ranger Mixed Media Powder - Hammered 

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout August
.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

2 comments:

  1. this is amazing. love it. You have done such great work this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 it’s easy to do if you love the paper you work with. 😁

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...