Thursday, August 22, 2019

Dance Like a HippoGriff - Tina's Harry Potter Bookmark

Hello Crafty Friends!
Has our August theme got you reading those Harry Potter books? Yes? Then you'll be needing a Harry Potter bookmark! And Tina has a fabulous one for us today. You could make these in any theme but Harry fans will definitely want to make a Potter inspired one (or 2.... or....)



Hello everyone. I love reading when I have time and I can't believe that with all my paper collections, I have never made a bookmark. I usually use a piece of scrap paper or an envelope, so today I have made a Harry Potter inspired bookmark.This project was super easy and the best part is it's a great way to use up leftover pieces.


I started by cutting a piece of black cardstock 6'' x 2 1/2''. I then cut out the pieces of the patterned paper.


I glued the pieces onto the black cardstock. I added some of the stickers to neaten the different papers and an eyelet.


The next step is to make the tassel. I was inspired for this part of the tassel by the lovely Wendy Mason from the team who made a beautiful Layered Egg Bead Dangle back in April, check out her YouTube video HERE
I started by punching out the images on the Paper House 12 x 12 sheet. I also punched out circles in brown cardstock.


I made two halves by gluing one image and four pieces of the brown circles together.


Next I used my Glossy Accents to cover the top of the images and let dry.


I picked out my beads to match the colors of the bookmark. First I threaded some thin gold wire through a small bead, folded about 1/2'' and twisted it several times.


I then added a larger bead and a few more beads. Using the Glossy Accents as glue, Add some to the back of both  circle pieces and sandwich the wire between them. Make sure they sit correctly on both sides and push down towards the beads. Once this is dry add a few more beads then cut the wire with at least a 1'' inch tail. Bend this back into the top few beads leaving a small loop and twist in to place.


Once I have done two of these, I added jump rings and attached a small chain.


The rest of the tassel was made with a few pieces of ribbon, bakers twine which I separated the red from the white and a Tim Holtz - Idea -ology - Swivel Clasp. I laid my pieces out and folded the ribbons in half through the clasp.


Then I added the chain. Next I wound a piece of bakers twine just below the clasp and glued it in place. Finally I trimmed the ribbon and sealed it by passing the cut edges quickly over a candle flame. I used a jump ring to attach to the bookmark and it's ready to use.






I hope you enjoyed this project.

Here is a list of the products for this month.

Core Products
Paper House - Harry Potter 12 x 12 double sided gold foiled paper
Reminisce - Wizard 102 12 x 12 double sided paper
Paper House - Harry Potter Washi Tape Pack - Patronus

Chosen Products
 Paper House - Harry Potter Cardstock Stickers - Harry Potter
Reminisce - Wizard 101 - 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Dimensional Domes - 1.5'' - pk of 12
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Regions Beyond 
Paper House - Harry Potter - Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Assemblage Charms - Glass Vials
Tim Holtz Idea - Ology Foundations - Box Feet - pk of 4 

All the products listed can be purchased HERE at a discounted price

Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

1 comment:

  1. SO am going to make one of these asap.. Wonderful.. You do know I might have t buy all the paper again from Aunty Vera to make all the wonderful papers you ladies are creating.. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...