Friday, August 30, 2019

Dance Like a Hippogriff - Gina's Slides, Postcards and Specimen Bottles

Hello Crafty Friends!
I love Gina's project today!! Special bits to put in her Magical Beasts inspired Hufflepuff suitcase! Those speciman jars!!!!! And the slides!! Totally on my list!





We are almost at the end of a surprisingly warm August and all the Harry Potter memes. Today I am making some items to go in my Hufflepuff suitcase.

I started by playing with my Tim Holtz entomology dies. I cut out some of the insects on paper serviettes, tissue paper and I also used the Entomology paper from the Kaisercraft anthology collection to cut out some butterflies and moths.



Some of these insects I used to make slides. I got this idea from watching Jibid Neary on youtube and have been making these for my journals ever since. To start, cut a piece of chipboard at 2 1/2" x 3". Then I cut a square into the chipboard 1/2 an inch from the top, 0.3 inches from the sides and 1 1/2" in length.


I used some paper from the Kaisercraft Anthology 6x6 paper pad to cover the front. I then stuck a piece of acetate to the back, stuck a butterfly I had cut out on tissue paper in the centre and stuck another piece of acetate over that. I used the same Anthology paper to cover the back as well. I inked the edges of the paper with my Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.


I then rounded the edges and added a piece of a sticker from the Kaisercraft Anthology sticker sheet at the bottom to look like a specimen number. I inked the edges of the sticker sheet with my Antique Linen distress ink too.


And here are some more slides that I made.


Next the postcards. As you have probably realised by now, I'm a serial cereal box collector. I cut one of my cereal boxes into 4x6 cards and stuck the map card from the Paper House Harry Potter Hufflepuff Paper and the Castle card from the Paper House Harry Potter Ravenclaw paper onto them.


I rounded the corners and inked the edges of the castle card with black ink and the map card with my Antique Linen. I drew a line in the centre of the card. On the left I used a stamp from my stash to stamp the top and on the right I drew three lines at the bottom and used the lovely postage stamp washi that Aunty Vera sent me for my birthday for the stamps.


I made 2 more postcards using the triangle card from the Paper House Harry Potter Slytherin paper and the Platform 9 3/4 card from the Paper House Harry Potter Gryffindor paper.


And now for the specimen jars. I used some bottles from my stash and put the die cut insects in them. The bee was the perfect size as it seems like its flying in the bottle. I also added some sand to the bottles with the beetle and the moth.


The scrolls in these bottles were made using pieces of colour paper rolled and inserted in a jump ring.


I filled my poison bottle with black sand and used one of the brads from the Eyelet Outlet brad skulls which I stuck on the front, after cutting off the ends.


I had some envelopes in my stash which I thought would go perfectly in the suitcase. I used the seal sticker from the Reminisce Wizard 102 sticker sheet on two of the envelopes.


I had a little package of wrapped postcards in my stash which I put in one of the suitcase compartments. Here is everything placed in the suitcase.



I hope you enjoyed creating along with me this month and see you again sooner than you think.

Till then stay awesome!
Gina xx

1 comment:

  1. Gina, I think I will have to add some of these slides to my HP Wardrobe Love this whole thing x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...