Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Dance Like a HippoGriff - Tina's Harry Potter Chest

Hello Crafty Friends!
You're going to love Tina's project today! A plain little pine chest magically transformed into a beautiful chest that any wizard would be proud to carry into Hogwarts!



Hello everyone, as you know this month's theme is all about Harry Potter. I must admit I have never read the books or watched an entire movie until the end of July. While I was making this project, I watched the first movie, and I will continue to watch the rest while making this month's projects.
My first project is a Harry Potter Chest.


To start I used a small pine chest from my stash.


I carefully removed all the tacks, metal hinges and latch. I also removed the strips on the sides and sanded the box to remove any of the glue.


I painted the inside and outside of the chest with black  Fusion Mineral paint.


Next I cut out the patterned paper. I used the Wizard 102 - Spell Casting 12 x 12 sheet. I then covered the whole chest trying to match the pattern as best I could with minimal waste. I inked all the edges with Distress Ink Black Soot.


I cut two strips of brown cardstock slightly wider than the star sticker strip from the Paper House - Harry Potter Cardstock Sticker Sheet, and glued it along the lid. I also added the Harry Potter Sticker from the same sheet, (which I mounted on chipboard) to the front of the chest.


Next I added Tim Holtz - Idea - Ology Hinges that I had in my stash.


Finally I added the Tim Holtz Idea - Ology Foundations - Box Feet and a little drawer pull from my stash.




I hope you enjoyed this project.

Here is a list of the products for this month.

Core Products
Paper House - Harry Potter 12 x 12 double sided gold foiled paper
Reminisce - Wizard 102 12 x 12 double sided paper
Paper House - Harry Potter Washi Tape Pack - Patronus

Chosen Products
 Paper House - Harry Potter Cardstock Stickers - Harry Potter
Reminisce - Wizard 101 - 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Dimensional Domes - 1.5'' - pk of 12
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Regions Beyond 
Paper House - Harry Potter - Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Assemblage Charms - Glass Vials
Tim Holtz Idea - Ology Foundations - Box Feet - pk of 4 

All the products listed can be purchased HERE at a discounted price

Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...