Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Dance Like a Hippogriff - Gina's Hufflepuff Suitcase

Hello Crafty Friends!
We're having so much fun this month with all the Harry Potter crafting! Today Gina takes us further into the HP franchise and creates Newt Scamander's case (from Fantastic Beasts ;) )
Who would have thought you could have so much fun with a shoebox!!




Although not exactly Harry Potter, I got this idea from the suitcase Newt Scamander, the author of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, carries around. This would be the prettier version though :D

I started with a shoebox, which I covered with some Junkitz Destinations Paperz that I had in my stash.


Next I cut the Paper House Harry Potter Hufflepuff Paper about 1/4 inch shorter than the cover, inked the edges with my Tim Holtz old paper distress ink pad and stuck it on the lid.


I then cut two pieces of brown felt at 3/4 inch width to go over the the lid. I put a brad at the edge of each strip about half an inch from the edge and stuck them on.


I've cut out the 6x4 with the Hufflepuff flag to go on the lid. Before I stuck that on, I cut a piece of black cardstock at 6 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches and layered it on that.


Next I punched some circles with my 2.5 inch circle punch on brown cardstock. I then cut each circle in half and one half into quarters.


I folded the half circles to make quarters and stuck a brad in the centre of each quarter.


I then stuck one half circle and one quarter on all eight corners of the box.


I cut another piece of brown felt at 3/4" x 7" for the handle. I then stuck a brad at each end about half an inch from the edge before sticking it on.


I covered the inside of  the box with black cardstock and used Heart Whispers Scenic Route paper from my stash for the inside of the lid.


I then cut a piece of black cardstock at 5" x 10 1/4" and two pieces of black cardstock at 5" x 2".


I scored the 5x2 cards at 1/2", 1" and 1 1/2" and folded them in an accordion fold.


I then stuck these on the edges of the 5x10 card and stuck this on the inside of the lid to make a pocket. I stuck the Platform 9 3/4 card from the Paper House Harry Potter Gryffindor paper in the centre of the pocket and used the Harry Potter Patronus washi tape to line the top of the pocket.


To finish the suitcase, I cut 3 pieces of chipboard to make dividers, covered the edges with the Patronus washi tape, the sides with black cardstock and stuck them in.


I put the Tim Holtz baseboard that looks like a book in the pocket we created and will make some things to go in the compartments which I will show you later in the week.


Thank you for following along with me and see you again soon. Till then stay awesome!

Gina xx

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea, cannot wait to see what goes in the compartments.. I think I will have to make this for my grandson. mmm now I have to go and buy some shoes just to get the box lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...