Monday, August 26, 2019

Dance Like a Hippogriff - Donna creates Harry's Bookshelf Part 2

Hello Crafty Friends!
Did you adore Donna's HP bookshelf yesterday?
Here is some inspiration from Donna for a whold lot of magical bits that you can create to decorate your own Harry shelves......





Hi all,
Here are some little items I created to go on Harry's Bookshelf..
Beware this is a photo heavy post though it is interesting..

First one was a broom before the Nimbus 2000.. I made this by using a twig from outside and some spear grass.. I love how it turned out and think it is cute as.. (btw spear grass is called that for a reason lol).


I made mini wands.. 
I started out with chopsticks that I cut into smaller pieces..


 I placed dobs of hot glue over the sticks and let dry..


I cut them down to size and painted them black with acrylic ink.
I then rubbed over the raised areas with Inka Gold when dry..
Cute as..


I had some little glass bottles in my stash so thought what is magic without glass bottles to hold all the weird stuff.. I love this washi tape that I wrapped around the bottle..


Some string, metal embellishments, eyes and interesting stuff makes these bottle interesting.. 


Using a little cork, I scooped the inside out and placed some black ink into it with a quill pen made from a feather with a leather binding.. It does actually work..


I had some smoosh ink from my stash that is yonks old and gone funny but it was perfect for this large bead as it created a marbled effect. I sat it on a sprocket to give some stability.. I wonder what my future holds in this glass ball? mmm looks a bit cloudy to me..


What is a cupboard without the scrolls and all the wonderful spells cast on them..
I tore little bits of coffee stained paper into squares and rolled them up.. I tied them with a little string and inked the edges.. 



I made these little books.


I cut pieces of homemade paper at 7 inches x 1 1/4 inches and scored every 1 inch.
I inked all the folds and then folded in a concertina style.


I adhered every second page together to give this star shape.


I made the cover a little bit bigger and glued the pages onto the cover.. I found these little book covers on pinterest ages ago so printed them out to fit the books..


I tied some of the books with string and others left as is.. I did ink all the edges to give an aged look.



I had this metal key in my stash and had bought these wings from Aunty Vera months ago. 
How perfect were these two together. I wonder if this was the key that opened THE door???


Ok, now this is something I created just because I thought it could be interesting
What is it used for? well could be a time machine!!
I inked a metal snowflake and jump rings with VersaMark ink. (Yes I know, a dirty ink pad)


Using this gorgeous Ranger Mixed Media Powder - Hammered  
I heat embossed the items.. This was totally an experiment but I am happy to report it was brilliant..


I found I had to totally coat the metal embellishments to make it work.. 


And VOILA. How utterly gorgeous are these...


I adore how this clock turned out.. I lost some fine details but that was ok with me.. I placed a plain metal cog on it to place the hands for contrast.


My dangler thingy uses the metal snowflake, the embossed rings, beads, wire and metal findings as well a a couple of buttons to help it all stand..


I really like it.


I had an old frame in my stash so I cut a photo out of Dobby and placed it in the frame which I had stained with alcohol inks. The frame of Professor Dumbledore I got when they had the pins in the local newspaper..


I made this plaque from clay and a mold.. I painted it with black acrylic paint and rubbed over it with Inka Gold  once dry..A red bling and gold nuvo drops to finish off the crown and it's done..


I found these book spines on the net, printed them off and cut them out individually. I then adhered them on a piece of cardboard that I folded behind it to give a double thickness. I then adhered it on the 'wall' so they appeared stacked.. As I was going to place things in front of them I didn't worry that they looked like they were 'floating'    



I love this film strip and thought why not recycle. I used the packaging the Vignette Box 
came in behind the frame - perfect..



The Finished Harry's Cupboard...


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

Products are:

Harry Potter Papers - Paper House 
Harry Potter Die - Hogwarts Castle 
Paper House Washi Tape pack - Patronus
Paper House - Harry Potter Sticky Pix Faux Enamel Pin Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Vignette Set - Divided Box
Kaisercraft Die and Stamp Set - Noted
Ranger Mixed Media Powder - Hammered 

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout June.
.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...