Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm not a card maker, but....

I'm not usually much of a card-maker but give me deep purple and shiny silver and I'm going to give it a good try. Helped along by the fact that nearly everybody I know seems to have their birthday in July!



Here's one of a whole heap of birthday cards I just made. All sort of the same but all a little bit different. This is the Aunty Vera Lazy Version - the little birdie didn't quite fit in the silver frame but hey - who's going to notice. I won't tell anyone if you don't (lol).
I used gorgeous Alison Ellis Design 'a Formal Affair' papers for the background - Black Tie Hearts and Lounge Suit Script.
The silver frame is a Delish frame from my own private stash and inside it is a little birdie card topper from Hunkydory (Birdsong).



The butterfly is also from Hunkydory - Springtime Elegance: Flights of Fancy. These are just so much fun to use. Pop out the pre-cut silver foiled butterfly and stick it down with your favourite adhesive. Then pop out the matching acetate butterfly shape and adhere that over the top for a winged effect. I folded the wings up just outside of the central 'body' part of the butterfly shape so even after going through the post this butterfly will still have it's pretty wings a-flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...