Hi Crafty Bloggers!
You may remember a few weeks back, our Road Tester Deb tested out Grumbacher Miskit Liquid Friskit and had a whole lot of fun with Tim Holtz's Bird Crazy stamps.
Deb created this awesome journal cover and today we bring you the step-by-step instructions to create your own fabulous journal cover.........
Crazy Bird Journal Cover by Deb Speijers
1. Tear up pieces of Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap (Melange) and glue onto cover using Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte and let it dry.
2. Paint watered down Gesso over the tissue wrap and let it dry.
3. Sponge on some colour using Tim Holtz Distress Inks
4. Stamp Birds using Ranger Archival Ink in Black, also stamp other stamps to add more interest in the background.
5. Add some more texture with Tim Holtz Stencils – Honeycomb and Stars using Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste.
6. Add more colour by sponging again with Distress Inks and spray with some water to get some of the ink running down the book to create a nice effect and let this dry.
7. Paint a layer of Multi-medium Matte to seal the cover.
8. Stamp birds onto white cardstock using Black Archival Ink, add Liquid Frisket to the birds eyes and beaks. Once the Frisket has dried sponge birds in different colours using Distress Inks. Fussy cut the birds out, I trimmed off their feet and finer pieces as when you layer them over the top of the stamped birds on the journal cover these finer pieces will show.
9. Glue on sponged birds using Multi Medium Matte.
10. Add embellishments etc.
Eco Basics Journal, Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium Matte, Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, Miskit Liquid Frisket, Tim Holtz Stencils ‘stars’, ‘honeycomb’, TH tissue wrap ‘Melange’, TH Ideology, TH Crazy Bird Stamp Set, Funny Bones ‘Friend Verses’ RWD-032 Stamp. TH Distress Inks Dried Marigold, Dusty Concord, Peacock Feathers, Ranger Archival Ink Black.
WOW! I so totally love love LOvE this journal cover! I may just have to plagiarize......errrr ....I mean.... BE INSPIRED.......... by this.
Thank you again Deb for sharing!
Aunty Vera :)