Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Hippity Hoppity - Emily's Funny Bunny!

Hello Crafty Friends!
Are you a Funny Bunny? I think Emily Shroom is! When you're presented with an Easter Kit and your mind goes immediately to funny egg and bunny jokes..... yep. Totally Funny Bunny!!




Hi everyone, so excited to be guesting this month and playing with the super cute Hippity Hoppity kit from Aunty Vera!

I've made some funny gift cards.  Not sure anyone will laugh out loud with these but I have to say they were fun to make.

I started by cutting my base cardstock (Bazzill Classic SmoothWhite) and selected papers from the March kit.  The card bases are 3”x6” (about 7.5x15.25 cm) and scored at 3” on the long edge.  I cut my designer paper slightly smaller to give a thin border and inked the edges of each, the carrot one with the yellow and the pink paper with the pink ink from the Clearly Kelly ink set in the kit.


 
For my first card I used one of the ephemera pieces from the Echo Park Hello Easter Ephemera Icons pack that comes in the kit.  The joke here is a pretty corny one that I found on the web about Easter eggs.  I typed out the opening of the joke and printed it on a piece of the Bazzill Smooth White cardstock, making sure I left enough space between the two lines of text to fit my ephemera piece.  I assembled the front of the card and popped the line of Easter eggs up on foam squares for some added dimension.


I printed the punchline on another piece of white cardstock and added in a cracked egg.  I made this by stamping the egg image from the Neat and Tangled Eggstra Special Stamp Set from the kit on some brown cardstock from my stash.  I carefully wiped away the ink from all but the outline of the egg (I missed some spots!), I didn’t get the complete shape but it was enough to help me fussy cut a good egg shape.  A tip, you could buy the matchingdie set from Aunty Vera and just use the egg die shape.  I took a piece of gold foil I got from the cake supply shop and wrapped the base of the egg with it making sure I left a torn edge at the top, I used a bit of glue on the front of the egg to keep the foil in place.  I used scissors to cut a crack in the egg, I drew the shape on the reverse side so I’d be happy with my crack. 


You get the cutest bunny die from Cottage Cutz in the kit and as soon as I saw it I thought about recreating the classic Easter gag of the nibbled chocolate bunnies, which I’ve put on my second gift card.  I wanted my bunnies to resemble the Lindt Gold Bunny so I cut two facing each way, one out of brown cardstock and one out of the gold foil.  To make the reverse facing bunny just put the die on the wrong side of the material, for example I put it on the dull silver side of the gold foil.  You don’t get as nice a die cut image using the ‘reverse’ cut but it works good enough, especially with something like the foil.  Notice how the feature lines on the bunny facing right aren't as crisp as those of the bunny facing left?  But still good enough to use even the plain cardstock one and a great way to stretch your dies.


I used a pair of scissors to cut off the ears on one bunny and the backside of the other, snipping away to create a jagged edge.  I then tore the same area away from the foil bunny but taking more off so the brown ‘chocolate’ bunny would be visible from underneath.  I used some liquid glue to adhere my foil bunny on top of the matching cardstock bunny.
The speech bubbles were done on the computer using ones I found on a free clipart website and typing in the text in my photo editing software.  I fussy cut these and then assembled my gift card.  I put the bunnies on another smaller square of the Bazzill white cardstock and used some of the grass washi tape from the kit to ‘ground’ them.  I popped the bunnies up with some foam squares after tying a piece of the pink Sew Easy floss from the kit around their necks to match the Lindt Gold Bunny neck ribbon.  Finally, I added in the speech bubbles adhering them directly to the card base.


Hope you like my gift cards and I’ve inspired you to think about some different ways you can use the stamps and dies in the March kit.  Feel free to visit me at my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Such funny projects! Love them, you are so talented Emily and a great comedian to boot lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...