Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Can't You Hear The Thunder - Tina's Australian Christmas Ornaments.

G'day Crafty Mates!
I have to admit... I had a small panic attack the other day when I realised that this coming Saturday is.... DECEMBER!!!!!! How did THAT happen??? (though I feel like I have said this many times tis year).
Our Aussie CT projects are almost done - we have one for you every day now till the end of the month. Yes. Friday. And then we'll be Christmas crafting through December. So what a great project from Tina today! A bit of Aussie and a bit of Christmas - I ADORE her glittery Aussie Christmas ornaments!!



Hello everyone. I hope you have all been enjoying this month's projects. I just love Amira's Australian Traveler's Notebook and Suzanne's Australian Pocket Letter. For my last project of the month, I wanted to lead into what will be an exciting month of Christmas crafting in December. I have made three Christmas ornaments featuring the beautiful paper from the November kit. This is an idea I found online but I have made a few changes to make them my own way. The paper I used was the 'Uncharted' sheet.


I used two circle dies, one with a scalloped pattern and a slightly smaller plain circle. They can be any size you want.


I cut six pieces of white Cardboard I used the front cover of my watercolor paper pad, (which are great for these type of projects). I also cut six pieces in silver glitter paper. All these were cut using the scalloped circle die. I then cut three of the Kookaburras with the plain circle die.


I decided to cut another six pieces of the white cardboard in the plain circle die to give the Ornament greater dimension.


For the base of the ornament, glue two of the cardboard pieces together, white side on the outside. When dry add the two glitter pieces on the front and back. Glue the two pieces of the plain circle pieces together, again with the white side on the outside. Add the Kookaburras and leave to dry thoroughly.


Next cover the Kookaburra pieces with Ranger - Glossy Accents.


While this is still wet add Glitter. Now when I say glitter I really mean glitter and lots of it. I used some of each of these and I was really generous with the Twinklets Diamond Dust ( I love this so much).


They need to dry for a few hours but overnight is best. In the image below the Glossy Accent is still wet. When it dries the image will be clear and super sparkly.


A few hours later.


Once dry, I glued them on to the silver bases.


They are really sparkly!



I added 16mm flat back glue on bails on the top. I also added a string of beads on the bottom.



Finally I added silver metallic twine to hang on the tree.


I love how they glitter and sparkle against the tree lights.







I hope you enjoyed my Christmas ornaments and look forward to returning for a wonderful month of Christmas crafting in December.
Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx
The November Kit can be purchased HERE

3 comments:

  1. Im so excited to say I have exactly everything you've mentioned here and I am going to make these gorgeous ornaments!!! Greta tutorial and fantastic project!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I love these and am so going to make these, but since I havent the paper I might have to use something else.. And I so want that glitter dust, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow incredible project! Wish I had those materials. Would luv to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...