Sunday, August 18, 2019

Dance Like a Hippogriff - Gina's 3x4 mini album Part 2

Hello Crafty Friends!
I've been looking forwards to seeing Gina's decorated mini album! If you missed last week's album tutorial you can find it HERE. Then once you've made the plain album you can join Gina and have fun ecorating it.....





Hello everyone and welcome back :) Lets decorate that mini album we started last week.

For the cover, I have cut a piece of Kaisercraft buttercup cardstock at 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and stuck it in the centre. Over that I have stuck the 3x4 cut apart from the Reminsice "Wizardry" paper which says "Believe in your own magic" I have also gone over the words and the outline of the moon with my Wink of Stella pen.


For the inside cover, I did the same with the yellow cardstock as the outside. I cut it to 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and stuck it in the centre. I have done the same for the back cover as well. Then I stuck one of the cut aparts from the Reminisce "Spell Casting" and stuck it over the yellow cardstock but I only put glue on the top, bottom and right edge to make it a pocket.


The first page will be Hufflepuff house so I have used the Reminsice "Magic" paper for this one. I have used the 3x4 cut out with the hufflepuff logo for the front of the flap and have gone over the logo with my Wink of Stella pen. You can see the shine in the previous photo better. I have used another cut apart on the inside of the flap and gone over the words and the moon again with my Wink of Stella pen (yes I love all things glitter). On the inside of the flap, I have stuck the 3x4 striped paper and used the strip that's at the edge of the paper to create a belly band. I've cut a piece of brown cardstock at 2 1/4" x 2" to be used as a photo mat. I have also inked the edges of all the 3x4 cut outs for every page with Frayed Burlap distress ink before sticking them on.


I have made the other side a magnetic closure so I put one of the Eyelet Outlet skull brads in the top centre of the badger 3x4 card and stuck it on the flap. On the inside of the flap I have used to "proud to be hufflepuff" 3x4 card and, yes you guessed it, gone over the writing with my Wink of Stella pen. On the inside page I have stuck a magnet under the brad to create the closure and then stuck the 3x4 card over it. I also decided to make a pocket so I cut the card with the glasses to 2.3" x 3" and punched the top edge with one of my Martha Stewart punches. I have then put glue on the side and bottom edges and stuck it on the bottom of them page to make a pocket. I cut a piece f brown cardstock at 3" x 2 1/2" and stuck one of the 3x4 cards on it cut down to 2.7" x 2.3".


I have also cut a photo mat on yellow cardstock which slides into the centre of the page. I cut it at 4x3 inches and punched out a tab with my envelope punch board. I punched it a 2 1/4", then turned it over and punched at 3 1/2" and cut off the excess. to make the tab and have put it in the middle pocket of the page with the tab towards the top.


Page 2 is Slytherin house so I am using the Reminisce "Mayhem" paper for this one. I've cut the paper for the pocket flap to 4" x 2 1/4" and used my circle punch to make a little semi circle to match the pocket. I've cut a photo mat from the brown cardstock to slide into the pocket. I have cut it at 4" x 2.45" and punched out a tab using my envelope punch board. I've punched it at the 1 inch mark on both sides and cut off the excess to make a tab. I have then stuck one of the sticker sheets from the Reminisce "Wizard 102" sticker sheet in the centre.


For the inside flap, I wanted to use the other side of the paper as it was brighter so I cut it again at 4" x 2 1/4" and punched a half circle to match the pocket. I also covered the writing on one side using the Paper House Patronus washi tape. On the main page I have stuck the 3x4 with the Slytherin crest and gone over it with my Wink of Stella pen.


On the other side I used another 3x4 cut apart and I used another sticker from the Reminisce Wizard 102 sticker sheet cut down to 4 1/4'' length to line the spine.


For the pocket insert, I cut a piece of yellow cardstock at 4" x 5 1/2" and scored the 5 1/2" side at 2 3/4". Fold, burnish and use a corner rounder on all 4 corners. I then chose four 3x4 cards to go over it,  cut them down to 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" and stuck them on. This then slides into the middle pocket between the two pages.


Our house for page 3 is Gryffindor so I have used the Reminisce "Spell Casting" paper. Instead of having the pages overlapping, I decided to make them a gate fold instead so the flaps are cut down to about 1.5" each. I've cut one of the 3x4 cards into two pieces to cover the flaps at a width of 1.3 inches. In the middle where the two flaps meet, I have inserted two red brads from the Echo Park Good Day Sunshine Decorative brads. before sticking the papers down onto the flaps. I then tied a piece of the blue twine from the Sew Easy Fancy Floss Bakers Twine around the brads to keep it closed.


On the inside flaps, I have used the other side of the paper cut down to 4" x 1.3". I love how bright it is. On the page I have stuck one of the 3x4 cut outs.


For the flaps on the other side, I have cut one of the 3x4 cards to 1 1/4" x 4" for the top flap and rounded the bottom corners. I've cut the paper for the bottom flap at 2 3/4" x 4" and rounded the top corners. I have stuck a magnet in the top centre under the paper as I want to make this flap a magnetic closure. I then die cut the dragonfly from the Tim Holtz "Ëntomology" die set onto yellow cardstock and coloured it in. I have stuck that in the bottom centre of the top flap.


I have cut the other side of the paper at the same measurements for the inside of the flaps and stuck a magnet under the paper on the top inside flap to complete the magnetic closure. I have used the 3x4 with the Gryffindor emblem on the inside and gone over the emblem with my Wink of Stella.


I have cut a photo mat on the yellow cardstock at 3x4 inches and punched a centre tab with my envelope punch . To do this I've punched it at the 1 1/8" mark and turned it over and punched again at the 1 1/8" mark and cut off the excess.

The final page is for Ravenclaw. For this page, I have used the Reminisce "Wizardry" paper. I have used different 3x4 cut outs on the flip out pages. The moth on the wanted sign is another die cut from the Tim Holtz "Entomology" die set which I cut out on yellow cardstock and coloured. I have stuck one of the triangle stickers from the Reminisce Wizard 102 sticker sheet on the page with the blue and white stripes and of course gone over the Ravenclaw logo with my Wink of Stella.


On the other side, I have stuck a 3x4 card on the page and over that I have stuck the little flip out pocket we made. I have put glue on the side and bottom edges to make it a pocket. On the outer flaps of the flip out pocket, I have stuck the circle stickers from the Reminisce Wizard 102 sticker sheet. For the middle I have cut one of the cards to 1 3/4" x 1/3/4", rounded the corners and stuck it on. I then made a little tag with the yellow cardstock measuring 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" and stuck it in the pocket.


The inside of the back cover is the same as the inside front cover. I cut the yellow cardstock to 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and stuck one of the 3x4 cut outs from the Reminisce Mayhem paper over it to make a pocket.

On the back I have stuck another yellow cardstock piece cut at 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and over that I have stuck a 3x4 cut apart from the Reminisce Magic paper. I have also gone over some of the alphabets with my Wink of Stella pen.


I also made a dangle for the spine so here's a quick look at how I made it. I started with a bulb pin and 2 pieces of chain cut at 4 inches and 6 inches. I then added a jump ring on each chain so to create dangles of different lengths. I then put the rings on the bulb pin.


I used one of the Tim Holtz glass vials and added a mixture of yellow sand and yellow and white glitter in it. I then printed out a "Felix Felicius" label from pinterest and stuck it onto the bottle.


I've attached the vial and various charms from my stash at various random points on the chains to make my dangle. Here's a quick video tutorial.


Before attaching the dangle, I covered the spine with a piece of yellow cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 1 1/4". I then cut a strip from the Paper House Harry Potter sticker sheet at 4 inches and stuck it in the centre of the cardstock. I punched a 1/8 inch hole at the top and put an eyelet in it. I've then inserted the bulb pin into the eyelet to complete the album. Here's the flipthrough video of the completed album.


Thank you for following along with me and hoping to see some of your 3x4 albums.

Till next time stay awesome!

Gina xx

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing Gina, every bit is wonderful!!! Love the dangle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW is all I can say, just love everything about this Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...