Monday, May 4, 2020

Do You Remember - NSD 2020 - Making Nat's Mini Album




Hi all, hope you are well!
Now we are down to the nitty-gritty - let's get crafting and pull this album together 😊 Hope you have your papers, memories and some embellishments ready! Oh, and adhesive......we'll be needing lots of that 😉

First I cut my Echo Park My Favorite Christmas Solids 12 x 12 sheets 7" by 12", scored them at the 6" mark so I could easily fold them in half to make six pocket pages for my mini album. I used the off-cuts to create cards that were 6" by 5" to slip inside the pockets.



I then rounded the outside corners of the pages and all corners of the cards - this is of course optional.


I ran glue across the top and bottom edges of one page then stuck them together to create my pockets.  In my video I talk about sewing along here too, but I decided not too.


I measured along the folded edge of all pages and put a dot at the half-way point and about an inch from either end.  I used the dots to guide where to punch my holes then inserted eyelets of different colours to my pages that I thought would either match or look appealing.


I have this tab punch so though I should use it (finally!) and cut tabs from the scraps of the Christmas solids papers.  These will be used later on the cards.


Time to grab out the colourful Echo Park "I Love My Dog" papers which I cut 5" by 6 and 5/8".  I rounded the two outside corners to make cheerful bases for my pages.  These were stuck to each side of my pocket pages.


For the cover I recycled some cardboard from a box that I had grabbed form the recycling bin while I was salvaging books a while back - I think it had held comics (by the look of it!). I cut these approximately 1/16 of an inch larger than my pages, then found some bright blue fabric that would go with the papers.  This was cut about 1/8 of an inch larger than the cover board and adhered with brushed on PVA glue.  Once dry, I sewed around the edges of both cover pieces to secure the fabric even more and to help prevent fraying.  I cut two more pieces of the I Love My Dog papers to cover the cardboard on the inside of the cover pieces.  Holes were punched in the covers (using the holes in a page as a template for my dots) and eyelets were added.


Here are all my pages thus far, you can see the gorgeous papers that have been stuck to my pocket pages, the pattern papers sit nicely on the solids I chose. I have grabbed my packs of Echo Park ephemera - now it is time for me to go, grab my photos and embellish this cute album.


Here is a video outlining these processes for you and one of a flip-through of the completed album, so between these and this blog, you should have the information required to put together one of these simple albums yourself and get decorating! They are so quick and easy to make and you can use whatever papers you have - or even better, check out what all the girls are using this month for AVSC (as it is all discounted) and grab some beautiful deals to make your album.  Whack one together and post the pictures in my Team Nat Album on the Crafty Vera and Friends Facebook page. 


Flip-through of completed project:



Take care and have fun crafting! 😊
Lots of love - xxx GO TEAM NAT!!!

Products I am using for the month of May that will be discounted are listed here:

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful project Nat. Can’t wait to make one of my own. Lovely to hear all about your wonderful doggie ♥️♥️A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh projects have started so I had better get my head in order.. Looking forward to creating this Nat.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...