Saturday, December 5, 2015

25 Days of Christmas 2015 - Day 5 - Recycled Christmas Cards Folio

Happy Saturday Crafty Bloggers!

Yesterday, I showed you the upcycled Christmas cards and gift tags that I made for my neighbour using her old collection of cards that she finally decided to get rid of.

Today I'd like to show you the folio that I made to hold the cards and tags.
In keeping with my recycle theme, the folio itself is made out of packaging from a crafty product (the packing from a Kaisercraft 12x12 stencil in fact). I then decorated it using mainly papers and stickers from my "stash" ..... this is a "I'm not going to buy anything new" project. Well - almost. I was tempted to use a roll of the new Kaisercraft glitter tape. But more on that later.

Here's the folio......


(The cover paper is from Bo Bunny's Silver and Gold collection)



And here is an inside view. I kept it pretty simple as the cards and tags once put into the pockets will really busy it up...........


This is why I love label stickers......



The spine and edges I covered with Kaisercraft's new Glitter Tape.

SO - here's the thing with this glitter tape......... it's great if you are using it on a flat paper surface. It will stick, but is also very repositionable.
HOWEVER - once you start to use it on anything tricky, dimensional or folded....... like the spine of a mini album....... not so great! I found that it just kept coming unstuck. And not just little bits at the edges or corners.... the entire length would just pop right off. Even though it feels sticky when you touch it, the stickiness is nowhere near strong enough to hold the tape down for heavy duty use. Adding glue to the backing didn't work either. I ended up using X-press It double-sided tape and that seems to hold it down well. Though defeats the purpose of self-adhesive tape if you need to add adhesive to it. Just saying :-/



And here is my folio, stuffed full with cards and tags. I'm actually thinking of adding an extra little pocket to one of the larger pockets...... to hold postage stamps! What do we think?


So that's my recycling project all done.
I'd love to hear about YOUR Christmas recycling craft!

Enjoy the weekend
Aunty Vera :)

3 comments:

  1. Love this Vera and you have given me a idea about my cards and things. I think adding a small pocket for stamps is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Folio, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Vera. I love little books and folios like these :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...