Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Sea You in the Craft Room - Suzanne's 8 x 8 inch mixed media canvas

Hello Crafty Friends!
Does our September Kit make you want to create a special little piece of Underwater World that you can look at every day? Well have a look and SEA what Suzanne has been up to......



Hi everyone.  Well, I must say that I have enjoyed the 'sea you in the craft room' September kit so much, I just wanted to create more and more projects with the beautiful and versatile craft items that Aunty Vera included in the kit. 

For this project I decided to have a go at a  mixed media canvas.  It was very fast and so much fun to create.  I really love mixed media.  It is so freeing and you can pretty much do whatever you like with whatever you have on hand.

I started with a white 8 x 8 inch canvas



I added an 8 x 8 inch piece of paper from the September kit.  I used the one with the little yellow submarine on it.  I distressed all the edges before gluing it to the canvas with gel medium.


I went over the top of this paper with transparent gesso.


I used some shells that I had coloured with old silver Inka gold paint, an air dried clay starfish that I painted with the ocean blue Liquid pearls, some swirling leaf die cuts, a seahorse which has the beautiful washi tape from the September kit added to it, an anchor that has been heat embossed with copper embossing powder, a piece of fishing net and I used some more of the hessian from the kit and a sentiment from the Under the sea paper. 



Here I have started laying out my elements and sticking them down with Gel Medium.  Gel Medium dries clear and is very strong.  I takes several hours to dry completely.


Adding more elements being very liberal with the gel medium to make sure things are going to stick down


After the gel medium had dried I used more gel medium to add the smaller elements like art stones


Adding German glass glitter shards from the September kit, some blue microbeads and some clear glass beads after I had added the art stones.


I also added some 3D fish and a turtle stickers that I had in my stash


I used the stencil from the kit to make some bubbles



I fussy cut the octopus from the Echo park papers to add to the canvas.  I popped him up on some foam tape.


This sentiment is from the bottom of the Echo park paper in the September kit.

Here are some close up shots of different parts of the canvas


  














 Here is the finished product.  I really had a lot of fun doing this canvas. 

Thanks for having a look at my mixed media canvas.

You can see a quick video of my canvas HERE.
You can get the September kit HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...