Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Do Your Remember - NSD 2020 - Sue's Memories Journal Page Idea 2.






Do You Remember – Memories Journal – Inspirational Quote Page.
Hi and welcome to another page idea for your Memories Journal. This page idea is a “blog only idea” so please read on for inspiration.
The idea for this page is to choose an inspirational quote, a quote that resonates with you right now.
When you have found a quote (or you could write your own), write or type it on some blank paper ready to use.
For this page I choose the XO page, I love this page I think it’s the simplicity of the  black design on the craft paper colour background.   Because of this I did not want to cover it totally.  Keep reading to see how I managed to do this yet still have an amazing page.
The supplies I used today are;
Paper from the Kaisercraft Everlasting paper pack (XO, You and me)
Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
Kraft card stock
A piece of acetate from packaging
Your inspirational quote

My first task was cut a tag from the card stock. My tag measures 8cm (3 1/8”)  wide by 19cm (7 ½”) long.  I then covered the tag with the front side of the You and me paper.  Along the left side of the tag I used a boarder sticker from the Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374.  I cut out each of the words from my quote individually, hand drew a border around the edge and glued them onto my tag. Next I added a butterfly and part of the roses from the Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374.   Finally I added a piece of washi sticker from the sticker sheet at the top as a folded tab. See the photograph below for details.



Next I cut the piece of acetate to make a pocket to fit across the bottom of the page. Mine measured 13cm x 8cm  (5” x 3 1/8”).  I used craft glue to glue it into position. I then decorated it with another part of the rose cluster from the Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374 and a butterfly.  The remaining roses from the sticker sheet were placed at the top left hand side of the page as an embellishment.  



The final part is to journal on the back of the tag explaining why the quote was chosen.  Then slip the tag in the pocket.  I love the simplicity of this page.  



I hope you enjoy making this quick page, of course you could use the same concept to showcase your favourite song or book.

Another page completed for the challenge.  Go TEAM Sue!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...