Sunday, May 24, 2020

Do You Remember - NSD 2020 - Nat's Scrapbook Layout




Hi everyone 😊.  Here is my last project for May and National Scrapbooking month at Aunty Vera's. Things just didn't feel right without trying my hand at another scrapbooking layout. 
Here are my two favourite pieces of the Echo Park 'I Love My Dog' 12 x 12 papers that I stashed away just for this project.


The 'Dog Tags' paper was cut diagonally across following the lines on the print to place from corner to corner across the 'Go Fetch' paper.  I then used some of the Echo Park 'Christmas Solids' paper scraps to create two green photo mats for my pictures, cut just a little larger to create a narrow border around the photos.
I applied black distress ink to the edges of the photos and their mats to take away any white edges, then used double-sided tape to adhere the diagonal pieces to the page with the photo mats tucked underneath.


This cute journal card from the 12 x 12 papers was the next item to stick down, but I decided it needed something behind and grabbed my calico scraps. I used the card as a guide and my rotary cutter to cut the fabric just a little bigger than the card.

   
The edges were frayed and then vintage photo distress ink was applied with a blending tool to darken the calico a little.


I stuck the photos onto their mats with double-sided tape and used Helmars glue to adhere the journal card to the fabric and then to the paper.  It is all starting to come together now which is a good feeling!


Another scrap of the solids paper was used and backed onto more calico to make a title for the page.  I utilised some alpha stickers,  doodled a border and underlined the words with a black gel pen.  I also found a cute paw-print sticker from the Echo Park 12 x 12 Sticker sheet which I added as an extra embellishment.


Using my red and black Distress Inks and Echo Park 'Puppy Love' stamps, I stamped the paw print and love hearts on the title piece, and the 'top dog' stamp in the middle of the page.  Such a cute set of stamps!


Next I die-cut a tag from craft cardstock, and stamped this with Angel's name using this business stamp maker I picked up at the second-hand store - it's fiddly but handy for small projects! Again I used the distress inks and 'Puppy Love' stamps to embellish.


Here is my dog-tag hanging from the calico using a bulb pin.  I finished off embellishing my page with some paper flowers and buttons also picked up second-hand.


Here is my finished page, not perfect for sure - but I love it and am learning as I go 😊.  I have had so much fun this month with the 'Do You Remember' theme and remembering this beautiful, bubbly dog who gave the kids and I so much love 💕


Hope you are all having as much fun as I during NSD month at Aunty Vera's and check out the other ladies blogs for some great projects and bargains.  Most of all - 
 Take care and have fun crafting,
Nat xxx

Products I am using for the month of May that will be discounted are listed here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...