Sunday, May 3, 2020

Do You Remember - NSD 2020 - Aussie Scrapper's Mini Album Challenge .....Part 1




Hello crafty friends, I am in my element today as we celebrate National scrapbooking day all month long in Aunty Vera Land.  My project for May is to make a book for my Godmother who is in her 80's.  I am documenting my love for her so she knows how much she means to me and hopefully, this will cheer her up while in isolation. 

Celebrating NSD all month long is perfect to finally make this present for her.  The design team were allowed to choose our own themes and papers this month and since I knew I wanted to start planning this project I chose Graphic 45 "Garden Goddess Collection" as my godmother is an avid gardener and has even won awards for her beautiful garden.

I picked the following papers to kick start my project.  This paper is called "Garden Goddess" and I will be using both sides as I made sure to pick two of each paper.


In my stash, I have these chipboard items..(I call them mini albums).  This one is from Fab Scraps and they have sat in my stash for maybe 5 years so it's good to be finally using up one of them.  If I did not have these hidden away I would have made my own from chipboard (can be bought at Aunty vera).


I started by covering the middle piece with green side of the "Garden Goddess" paper.


This will be my front page, I took the smaller piece and covered it with the pink solid paper that comes from the "Graphic 45 "Garden Goddess" pattern and solid papers.  (Sorry, the colour looks different because I did not wait for the glue to dry before taking the picture)


Next, I  fussy cut the lady from the "Garden Goddess" paper.  The wording around her reads "My Garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams" and I know that this is exactly how my wonderful godmother feels and I am starting to feel the same way.  I inked around my image using distress oxides Vintage photo and stuck my image to the bottom right-hand corner.


Finally it was time to work on the decorative piece and I decided that Gold was in order so I took out my Rangers "Gold" embossing powder, dusted off the heat gun and did some embossing.


The Graphic 45 "Portrait of a Lady" tags and pockets is also part of my core products and I chose the tag that says "hello beautiful". 




To finalise my cover page, I stuck down my tag and I glued everything together.  Here is the finished front cover.


Stick around for part two coming up real soon and for the journey of how this album takes form.

Now let's get to Part 2..... click HERE
Find Part 3 HERE.
Find Part 4 HERE.
Find Part 5 HERE.
Find Part 6 HERE.


We would love it if you would join me and the creative team by showing us your creative projects maybe you will even join me and start a mini-album of someone you love.

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love the 'Goddess' look the cover has. can't wait to see the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Silvia, another project I am looking forward too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, love the gold you have added :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful. I love your Nanna already. What kind of binding are you doing for this album? Ring? Hurry hurry I need to start planning!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...