Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Do You Remember - NSD 2020 - Sue's Memories Journal Page Idea #4 - Craft Obsession




Do You Remember – Memories Journal – Current Craft Obsession

Paper scraps from the Kaisercraft Everlasting paper pack (XO, Bloom, Blushing)
Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374 – for embellishing
Dylusions small Love hearts stencil
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Peeled Paint
Images and used stamps to use for collaging
Scraps of vintage style paper (book pages, ledger paper etc)
Photographs of work done also

I really enjoyed doing this page simply because it is a current craft obsession, collaging.  This your chance to document what crafty things you are obsessing over right now, because if you are anything like me it will change.
The first task was to choose appropriate pages.  I choose the double pages of XO and You and Me from the Everlasting paper pack.  I choose these pages because they were in the vintage colours that my page needed.
I used a photograph of my collage journal (you could use a photo of something you have made) and mounted it using the back side of the blushing paper.  I did a quick bit of journaling on a small piece of You and Me paper from the Everlasting pack.  Just a quick note about what my page was showing.
I then embellished the page using stickers from the Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374.




Next I found a piece of kraft cardstock that would fit on my next page.  Using the scraps of vintage style paper and some scraps from the everlasting paper pack I collaged a background.  I then used the Dylusions small love hearts stencil and some Tim Holtz peeled paint distress ink and stencilled some hearts onto the background.  Choose a colour ink that compliments your images.



I then added my images in a cluster, beginning with the larger images and adding smaller bits around. I like to have most of my images overlapping.  I also used some stickers from the Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374 to embellish the collage.  Once I was happy with my collage I used the Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink the edges.  Please see the photographs for all the detail.  




I then glued it to the You and Me paper page.



Remember this is your chance to journal about your current craft obsession, you might like to put in a small example (as I did) or you might like to put all photographs.   You may find you need several pages to complete this prompt.


GO TEAM SUE – Another two pages done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...