Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Do You Remember – NSD 2020 - Sue's Memories Journal – Page Idea #1 - Favourtie Beverage








Do You Remember – Memories Journal – Favourite Beverage Page.



Hello once again, I hope you are all well and engaged in completing a National Scrapbooking Month project with the Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Team.  I have been busy creating pages for my little Memories Journal.  This page is all about my passion for drinking tea. I love my tea (mostly I think because I like to dunk biscuits in it) and drink it all day.  

The challenge is to complete a page in your journal about your favourite drink, it could be tea or coffee or maybe something else!!!

The products I used were;

Paper from the Kaisercraft Everlasting paper pack (Bloom, flowers, Blushing)
Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tattered rose
WRMK Seweasy fancy floss bakers twine tertiary colours (green)
Various Tea ephemera I have collected
I choose the green and white spotted page which is the back side of the Bloom paper for my tea page.
The first thing I needed to do was to layout where I wanted my tea packet pockets.









I made two tags to fit into the pockets, mine measured 5cm wide. I made a short tag and a long tag. The length would vary depending on where you place your pockets.


I covered the tags with the flowers paper. I fussy cut the biscuits and tea pot from the Paper Arts Mixed Media Sheet 018 and added some scraps of paper (left over from the pack). I also added some of the tea bag tags I had collected. On the larger tag I added a sticker from the Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374. I used the Time Holtz Distress Ink – Tattered rose to distress the edges.
I also added some of the green Seweasy fancy floss bakers twine through a punched hole to the top of my tags.
This is how my tags looked.



Next I worked on the left corner cluster.  I trimmed the white off the tea cup image from the Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374. This made it small enough to sit diagonally and then I embellished with some more of the tea bag tags.



Once I had glued my tea bag packet pockets into place using craft glue, I attached a piece of washi tape across the top of each pocket bag to make sure the tags would slide in easily.





Next I did some journaling on the back of my tags and slipped them into the pockets.  




I love using authentic ephemera along side bought papers and I know I will look back on this page fondly and smile.  I wonder if I will still be drinking the same teas?  

My process video can be found HERE.

Thank you for supporting Team Sue and I look forward to sharing my next page with you.
Bye for now
Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...