Saturday, May 2, 2020

Do You Remember? - NSD 2020 - Donna's Memory Frame




Hi all, 
How are we all going in what is a tremendous time..
This month for May is National Scrapbooking Day - NSD and in Aunty Vera Land this lasts All of May.. Our theme for this month is 'Do You Remember'..

It is all about memories and stories and photos and so I chose to remember my son who passed away. My heart grieves for him every day and I chose this frame as my challenge for this month
 to show you his personality..
This will be a hard month as I go through each process and tell you a little about each photo.  
I will show you the completed frame and then as the month goes by I will post little tutorials for
each part of the frame.
Please follow along with me and all the Creative Team and please join in with all of our challenges.. 

I chose a larger frame from the cheap shop which measures 29.7cm x 42cm.
I discarded the glass and print (to use for another project?) and sanded the frame 
back a little to 'Grab' the paint..


I really like the Collage stencil from my kit so stencilled it around the frame with textured paste.


I gave it a coat of black Gesso to make the raised stencilled images stand out..


I did go over this with Inka Gold - Gold and Art Alchemy - Opal Magic Wax.
Using a strong spray glue and a piece of material (I used calico), cover the back of the frame and put the frame together as shown.. (no glass).


I fussy cut different papers to place on the base using scraps of thick cardboard underneath the pieces to give lift and dimension. Loving it already and love this paper..  


Now let's get started.....
Find Part One HERE
Part Two HERE
Parts Three, Four & Five HERE
Part Six and the Bits & Bobs HERE




...KIT...



 Products are:
You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout May..
  

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt 

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Donna. I love the texture you've put on the frame. Looking forward to seeing more...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Donna, this frame looks so vintage. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the black gesso. Can’t wait to see part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be stunning Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...