Saturday, May 2, 2020

Do You Remember - NSD 2020 - Nat's Easy to Make Mini Album



Hi everyone, hope you are going alright and managing in these difficult times!
May at Aunty Vera's means National Scrapbooking Month (rather than just the day) which involves memory keeping, and this month's theme is "Do You Remember?".  Therefore, I have decided to make a simple mini album to keep some very special memories in that I can pick up and peruse whenever I want a smile.
Now some of you may know that I lost my little crafting buddy not too long ago (my gorgeous dog - 'Angel') so I decided to fill my album with fun cheerful pictures of her.  This will help me through my loss, and even more-so it will help me with what we are going through at present!
I was hoping you would join me, as we have a little challenge going between us Creative Team members that I will need your help with 😉 My challenge for you is to create a mini album in the same style as mine, and add to it pictures that you can look back on that make you smile when you need a lift - could be pets, family, your garden...........whatever brings you joy.  Post pictures of your finished album and even some process pictures (if you like) on the Crafty Vera and Friends Facebook group and be a part of 'Team Nat' for the month of May (I need all the help I can get!!!)

Here is my completed album, and in my next post I will show how I put it together plus include flip-through and process videos so that you can make one yourself.
The only requirements are:
  • That it has a front and back cover
  • At least 5 pages
  • The method of binding is similar to mine
  • It has some pictures in it
  • You have FUN making it!
  • You post some pictures on the Crafty Vera and Friends Facebook page.
As this was my first go at this type of album, I kept the method of binding very simple, this will also enable me to add or remove pages very easily if I ever wish to. 


Decorations for the page sets were loosely themed, beginning with Angel as a puppy when we first brought her into our home. She was the cutest puppy and the Echo Park papers and ephemera really highlight the cuteness and fun that she brought into our lives.


Angel loved playing with the kids.......


This set of pages has some of my favourite photos of Angel wrapped up in blankets.  
I added tags to most pages that I can take out and write information on if I ever want to.  I also added journalling cards in each page pocket with pictures, I left the other side of these blank so I can add more notes or pictures in future.


It took some time for me to get used to using such bright and busy papers and ephemera, but in the end I had a ball with all of this.  The Echo Park ephemera was perfect with great sayings that went so well with my page themes.


This album holds so many great memories that I will treasure, and I am sure to pick it up many times and giggle............and maybe have a little tear occasionally!


Angel used to like looking out windows (as dogs do) and used to find some quite precarious ways to do so.  She also loved sitting in baskets and boxes.  I love the ephemera piece that says "It's a dog thing" - just perfect for the page.


On these last pages there are some of our best cuddles, and the last picture I took of my crafting buddy lying in her bed next to my craft desk.  I adore this album, and how colourful and cheerful the Echo Park papers and ephemera are, it suits Angel's personality perfectly and this is just the best way to keep her memory alive.


The material I used on the front and back cover compliment the blues in the Echo Park pieces used. All together it is a wonderful and fun album that is a great project for any one to make, especially someone new to making journals or albums, and it can be adapted to suit any style or theme.

 

Let's get started!
Hop over to THIS POST for my tutorial and videos.
Find my bonus kids' albums HERE.
Find my completed son's album HERE.

Check out what the other team members are making (always good to suss out the competition 😉) as their chosen products will be on sale for May - as will mine, which I have listed below.
Take care and have fun crafting! 😊
Lots of love - xxx GO TEAM NAT!!!

Products I am using for the month of May that will be discounted are listed here and you can check the unboxing video below for a better look:

6 comments:

  1. Love this Nat and will be following along with you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, that would be wonderful :) I am going through my picture frames as we speak to do the same! xxx

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Nat, a beautiful place to put treasured memories of Angel xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, it was so good for me to make this and i love how bright and cheerful it is :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Ohh I’ll be making one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...