Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Do You Remember - NSD 2020 - Sue's Memories Journal - Page Idea #3 - Pantry Food




Do You Remember – Memories Journal – In my pantry – Idea #3

Welcome back to my page ideas for my Memories Journal.  I hope you are all happily working through your chosen challenge (even if it is not TEAM SUE!).  This page might seem a little strange but to me documenting all those daily little things is just as important. After all imagine if those ladies of the past hadn’t done their daily journaling we would have no idea what life was life for them!  It’s the little things that shape us.  So having said that I decided to make a page dedicated to the stuff I eat regularly, the food items in my pantry. 

Materials I used.
Paper from the Kaisercraft Everlasting paper pack (You and Me)
Kaisercraft Scrap Studio Sticker Sheet S5374
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
Paper Arts Mixed media Sheet 018
200 gsm white printer paper
Kraft coloured card stock
I choose the ‘flowers’ page to work on for this mini booklet.

My first task was to take photos of the food items I wanted to put in my mini booklet.  Next I printed them onto 10 x 15 cm photo paper.  I printed index size so they would not be too big.  You can print them to the size you wish on normal paper also. 



I then trimmed them down.  I did not mat mine but of course you can if you choose to.




My next step was to cut the paper (You and Me) to the size I wanted.  I cut mine down to 22cm x 18 cm.



Next I cut the printer paper to fit inside.  Mine was cut to 21cm x17cm.




Next I folded both pages in half and burnished them.  Then I put the cover around the printed paper and used my seeing machine to sew down the middle.  You could hand sew this or staple it together.





My next step was to glue the photos into the pages and do some quick journaling.  I didn’t write too much just brief notes about each food item. 



Next I decorated the front cover with a label I made from the Kraft card and a cut out from the Paper Arts Mixed media Sheet 018.  I choose the biscuit one because it was food related.





Finally I used double sided tape to attach the mini booklet to my chosen page.



I know I will look back and have a laugh at the food I was eating and probably kick myself because I should not have eaten it (I know there will be regrets), but it’s the small things in life I think!

I hope you found some inspiration in this post and wish you a fantastic crafty time over National Scrapbooking Month with all of us on the Creative Team.

Please use the link to see the process video for this page.



Cheers  Sue.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...