Tuesday, December 3, 2013

25 Days of Christmas 2013 - Day 3...Star Ornament

Hi everyone! Can you believe we're already heading for the end of the 3rd! I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that November is over! Slow down calendar....slow down!!

Today I have a pretty paper star ornament to show you. They're really quick and easy to make, and you could easily set yourself up production line style and get a heap of them made up in a short amount of time.......

Simply cut out a star shape (I used a stencil from my stash) in a pretty patterned paper.....here I used the Joy to the World paper from Echo Park's Reflections Christmas and then trace around it on some co-ordinating cardstock (I used some corrugated card from my stash) to make a slightly bigger star...


Poke a couple of teeny holes in the centre of your paper star & thread some string or ribbon through them, then tie in a little bow.....


....use foam dots to stick your paper star onto the cardstock star, giving it a bit of dimension....



...then use some strong glue (I used Helmar 450) to stick a loop of string or ribbon to the top back side of your star.....


And that's it. Your star is ready to hang on your tree. Or use them to decorate gifts for a pretty personal touch. These stars are also quite easy for children to make (with a bit of supervision for the younger ones) and would make lovely teacher Christmas gifts for the end of the year.


Happy crafting friends!
Aunty Vera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...