Saturday, March 18, 2017

All the Leaves Are Brown: Lolly's March Project #2: Altered Cigar Box

Hello and Happy Weekend Crafty Readers!

Do you remember Lolly's gorgeous Autumn inspired cards that we featured last week? Lolly gave us a bit of a teaser and I for one have been wondering all week just what she might be up to.

Well faint, faint and double faint... you're going to love her Cigar Box Project........



Well, I've been looking forward to this for quite awhile!   In February, I was inspired by Corene's project* and found a gorgeous wooden cigar box.   I knew I wanted to create with it, and I had hoped that the March kit would allow me that pleasure.  SCORE!  

For my project #1, I made a selection of autumn-themed cards from the kit.  Here's a quick view of the cards together.



 You can get a better look at the cards HERE.

I measured out a piece of chipboard for the bottom of the inside of my box, and I covered it with two designs from the Pebbles paper collection.   


Then I attached  Tim Holtz binder rings to the chip board and glued the chipboard into place.   Now I have a beautiful binder without having to drill holes into the wood of the box.  




I organized all my autumn cards on the rings with the longest on the bottom and shortest on top, to allow a waterfall look.   I am so thrilled with the outcome!





There was a tiny area on the inside of the lid, where the edging was ruined, so I covered it with a narrow strip from the paper collection.

Then I made a magnetic pull for the lid, edged the lid in lace trim, and added that Fairy Wish Door to the center with some of the jute.  If you don't have a Fairy Wish Door, you are missing out!  I am sure that fairies are going to be visiting my cigar box soon!





You can view the video HERE.
*Corene's video is linked in the description box under my video.

Keep an eye out for cigar boxes from now on!  You won't want to miss the opportunity to make one of these!

Be sure to check out this month's kit HERE


Crafty hugs,
Lolly
http://www.lollypalooza.net

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...