Tuesday, November 14, 2017

My Crafty Friend - Suzanne's Large 12x16 inch Mixed Media Canvas featuring Prima Flowers

Hello Crafty Friends!
We're enjoying beautiful pre-summer weather down here in Australia, and our crafty friend Suzanne has created a beautiful canvas just perfect for this season!



The November kit is so pretty and feminine and when I saw the Prima Flowers in the kit, I immediately had an idea of how I wanted to use them.  Very recently I was lucky enough to have purchased a beautiful Stamperia Rice Paper A4 sheet that matched the colours in the flowers beautifully.

The prima flowers are a mixture of colours from very soft pink and apricot to beautiful sea green and sky blue and they are delicious.  Paper flowers are my favourite and these ones are exceptionally pretty.


 I wanted to change the flowers up and so I grouped the individual pieces into three matching pieces and made them into something that was more 3D.  I cut the smallest flower into two parts and shaped it into a flower centre


Once I had used the two pieces from the smallest flower I put glue into the second piece and added the flower centre.


Then added this to the bottom of the flower.


One finished flower


I did this to all the flowers in the collection


Here are all the flowers I made with the Prima Flower pack from the November kit


This is the beautiful Stamperia rice paper that came to mind the moment I saw the beautiful flowers because the colours match perfectly


I used some script paper from my stash to cover the canvas


Then I wet the edge of my rice paper and tore the edges off so that there were no straight lines and used decoupage glue to stick it down.  You can't see it here, but you can see the script very faintly through the rice paper.



 I mixed together some of my kaisercolour paint to match the rice paper colours and used my foam dabbers to dab on some paint around the canvas


Because the rice paper had a beautiful bird in flight on it I decided to use a small bird's nest that I had in my stash and made some tiny blue eggs from polymer clay to go in the nest. I used some twigs from the trees in my back yard to make a tree branch for the nest to go in.


I also added a rose to the top right corner from a napkin and placed some floral stems around the rice paper.  Here you can also see that I painted the canvas with the cream and green paint.  I used the green colour down the right hand side as this matched the rice paper and the cream paint where the rice paper was cream.  I used the green to frame the entire canvas by going around the edge with the darker colour.


I then started to add the Prima flowers and some others from my stash.  I had also made some leaves to add to the canvas.


Adding more flowers


Flowers around the bird's nest


 The completed bottom of the canvas


The flower cluster up the left hand side of the canvas


 I die cut some flowers to go on the floral stems which frame the Stamperia rice paper


 I used some of the gorgeous Santoro Pearl drops for the centre of the flowers


A close up of some of the flowers


I added another stem and used a slightly different shade of flower for the stem to add more interest.


A close up of the flowers


 A die cut butterfly completes the top left had corner



A close up of the top part of the canvas


A close up of the bottom of the canvas


 Here is my completed canvas


You can see a quick video of my canvas HERE.
You can get the November kit HERE





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...