Tuesday, July 24, 2018

...and the Sky is Grey - Tina's Decorative Hearts

Hello Crafty Friends!
I had to laugh when Tina said she tried really hard to not create Christmas craft with our July Kit..... because I love Christmas Crafting... so would totally have allowed that! lol
But I was really excited to see that today Tina is sharing a couple of her beautiful decorated hearts. You'll fall in love with these vintage beauties!!



Hello everyone. I'm back with another project for Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft July kit. I told myself I would not make anything Christmas themed, which is very hard for me because I love Christmas crafting and I do it all year. I think I have managed to make something that I can hang on the tree at Christmas and on a cabinet door if I wanted to any other time of the year.
Here I have made two Decorative Hearts using the beautiful Scrapberry's - Winter Joy metal embellishments.


I started with two foam hearts, cream satin and a cream stretchy lace.

The foam hearts have a mould line all along the diameter and I cut along here about 1cm deep all the way around. I then cut the four pieces of the satin bigger than the heart and carefully tucked the fabric along the hearts edges that I cut in to. Cut off any large excess fabric and tuck the rest in.


Next I added the lace in the same way.


Now It's time to decorate. I used a beautiful vintage trim {that belonged to my mother} which I love and will think of her every time I look at these hearts. I also used some sequins and beads that I attached with pins.


The trim was attached with a hot glue gun around the edges of the hearts. I then attached the hanging ribbon along with small roses from I Am Roses. Silver/cream beads and sequins are pinned along the edges of the hearts and I added some dangling beads on one and a heart charm on the other. Finally I added the gorgeous metal embellishments from the kit on the front of the hearts.
Now my hearts are ready to hang.








I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Thank you and Happy crafting.
Tina xxx
The July Kit can be purchased HERE

2 comments:

  1. WOW, gorgeous, I also do material Christmas decorations like this but these are just plain GORGEOUS.. I love them and how wonderful that there is a piece of your mum on something so divine.. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...