Friday, July 6, 2018

... and the Sky is Grey - Suzanne's Mixed Media Frame

Hello Crafty Friends!
I love winter! And I love the way Suzanne is celebrating the season with her beautiful mixed media frame! Isn't it just perfect?... saying the cold is here and I'm loving it!!




Hello everyone.  I hope you are all well and keeping warm and cosy in the cooler weather.

This month the July kit (...and the Sky is Grey)  is all about Winter and getting warm and cosy.  The beautiful papers from Simple Stories are called 'Sub Zero' and have some beautiful colours (greys and greens and creams) which are perfect for a winter mixed media project.  I have used one of the 4 x 6 horizontal elements, some of the small elements from the Just Chillin' page and the whole sheet of the Vertical Elements page (the B side) which is grey with cream snowflakes.  I die cut an assortment of leaves and greenery to add to the project.  I also used some shutters from Prima as the focal point with the sentiment from the Horizontal Elements.

I used a frame which I picked up at the second hand store.  It was meant for a round embroidery but I have used it for my mixed media project.  It was quite old and had some age marks on the cream mat board so I painted this with some cream paint to cover these marks.


I used the vetrtical elements page (B side) to cover the round area and painted the inner frame with some white paint that I had mixed with the Nuvo Shimmer Powder (Atlantis Burst) which is also in the July kit.


I made some flowers and coloured them with the Nuvo Shimmer Powder as well.


Here you can see one of the small elements from the Just Chillin' page and some of the greenery that I die cut from coordinating cardstock.


Here is the sentiment from the Horizontal Elements which I placed in the window frame and two small elements from the Just chillin' page that I placed on the shutters.


I added some ink from the Unicorn ink pad that come with the Hero Arts Ink cube (Winter) set (also in the July kit) so that it looked like snow on the tips of the leaves and other greenery.


Also from the July kit are some Prima Metal Trinkets (flowers and vines) and I used one of the metal flowers in the project.  I did change the colour of this piece using the Nuvo Shimmer Powder



I added some cheese cloth and my handmade flower to the project.  I coloured the cheesecloth with the Nuvo Shimmer Powder


This piece was coloured with citrus twist distress oxide ink



I used some of the sequins from the July Kit to add a bit of sparkle to the project.








I die cut some small snowflakes in a grey cardstock that matched the grey in the Simple Stories paper and gave them some shimmer with a wink of stella pen.  I also added a sequin to the middle of the largest snowflakes and some sequin snowflakes throughout the project.

This is the finished project. 


Thank you for having a look at my project.  I hope you enjoyed it.

Bye for now
Suzanne XOXO

You can get the July kit HERE.
You can watch the video of how I put this project together HERE.
You can watch the unboxing of the July kit HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Love! You have such patience and eye for beauty when it comes to layering paper flowers and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvellous Suzanne. You have so many gorgeous elements at play and I love the way to used the old frame. A real stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this frame.. You have showcased the kit to perfection.. Love that unicorn ink.. Oh no more money I have to find lol.. A wonderful project. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - another amazing creation by Suzanne. So detailed and intricate. You do that layering so well.... xxA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...