Thursday, July 19, 2018

... and the Sky is Grey - Suzanne's Winter Tree Card Play

Hello Crafty Friends!
Nothing says winter like bare branched trees. And Suzanne's cards using the Darkroom Door stamp from our July kit are just breathtaking!!So evocative of a clear winter's night!




Hello everyone. It's wonderful Winter and I absolutely am loving this time of year in Queensland.  The days are so beautiful and warm and nights are lovely and cool so you can snuggle up in bed.  The best of both worlds, right.  Anyway, it's also the perfect time to stay in and craft with the July kit from AVSC which is called ...and the sky is Grey.

For this project, I have used the Darkroom Door Woodlands Stamp and the Hero Arts 'Winter' ink cubes. Both are in the July kit.  I'm going to use a technique that will hopefully give the impression of the moonshine hitting the branches of the tree in a dark forest.




 I used some smooth white cardstock and stamped the Woodlands stamps with VersaMark ink on my stamp platform.  I made sure that the card was pushed right up into the corner of the platform.  This layer, when covered with clear embossing powder, will stay white and this will be the layer that looks like the moon shining on the branches.
The cardstock is right up in the corner of the stamp platform.
After stamping with the Versamark ink move the paper about 1mm down the stamping platform.

After you have stamped it once with the Versamark, move the paper down about 1mm. Now you can  stamp with Jet black archival ink followed by the Versamark ink over the top of the black archival ink.  If you have Versafine black onyx ink you could use this instead of the two layers that I used.

Take the stamped image from the platform and cover the stamped area with clear embossing powder and heat set this.   I cut a circle from some cardstock (This is a mask for the moon) and placed it on the card where I want the moon to be.  I then used the cornflower inkpad to colour around the circle mask followed by  the Navy inkpad around the outside of the cornflower and then I used some black archival ink around the outside of that.   The clear embossing powder will resist the ink and you should see a white area on top of the black embossed area that looks like the moon shine hitting the branches.
Using a mask for the moon and inking with the  cornflower inkpad
I made one using the versamark ink and embossing powder and another with black archival ink.

Here you can see that there is the white area on top of the branches

I layered the stamped piece onto some cardstock and added a sentiment. 


I think these cards will make great cards for men, which  I have great difficulty making. 


Thank you all for having a look at my project.  Stay warm and well.

Till next time,
Bye for now.
Suzanne XOXO

You can watch the video of how I made these cards HERE.
You can get the kit HERE.
You can watch the unboxing of the July kit HERE

2 comments:

  1. I love this stamp Suzanne and you’ve done it justice. Great card 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It is so amazing. Very professional!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...