Time for a Christmas recipe Scrappy Bloggers!
You will need:-
- 125g of softened (unsalted) butter
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- Silver cachous, to decorate
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add golden syrup and egg. Beat to combine.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined and a soft dough forms. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 6.5cm-long, 7cm-wide gingerbread man cutter, cut shapes from dough. Re-roll dough scraps and cut to make a total 30 gingerbread men. Place, 2cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Bake 1 tray at a time for 20 to 25 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place melts in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until smooth. Spoon into a small snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe faces and buttons onto gingerbread men. Decorate with cachous. Set aside to set.
More wonderful Christmas recipes can be found on the TASTE website.
Aunty Vera :)