Friday, December 2, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - December 2nd


December 2nd - let's make Christmas cards!

I've had SO many conversations this last week standing in the Post Office queue - all about Christmas cards! My local post office is a great place to queue up - as you make your way down the queue, you walk along a wide aisle with baskets and stands on both sides featuring the latest items for sale. And of course at this time of your, it's Christmas cards and diaries. So looking at the packs of (rather expensive) pre-made Christmas cards, some of which ARE quite gorgeous but most of which are really not so special, I've been chatting with my fellow customers about how easy it is to make your own. So I thought it was time I get my act together and practiced what I preached!! lol




















And really, they are quite easy to make, especially if you set yourself out Production Line style and have the same basic template for all your cards. This year I'm using a sheet of A5 red cardstock as my card and a sheet of Peppermint Accent Cuts from Crate Paper as my feature picture. One sheet will get you 12 cards if you use all the accents. Where a base design is needed, those papers are also from Crate Paper (that's the 'St Nick' paper with the Night Before Christmas quotes in the top picture) and this Stocking Card above features Stockings are Hung from the Echo Park Holly Jolly Collection.















I'm also using a lot of doilies and buttons and foam squares this year. Once I'm on a roll.....lol

How is YOUR Christmas card making going??

(: Happy Scrapping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...