Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Goodbye February with Lolly's Happy Mail Hearts

Hello again Crafty Friends!

As promised.... our second project post for the day! Say goodbye to February with Lolly's gorgeous Happy Mail Hearts........




It's time for some ribbon and happy mail therapy!  :)   I hope you can come play along.
I wanted to play some more with the sweet Love Letters stamps by Lawn Fawn and the Waffle Flower envelope stamp.

I cut apart four 5" strips of the ribbon in the kit and glued them pattern side down on a foam piece with a hot glue gun.  Here's what they look like when glued.





And here is the back side.




Then I flipped it back over again to the front and glued the end of each ribbon to the base of the neighboring ribbon, like this.



I repeated the process until all the ribbon ends were glued in place.  Then I glued the ribbon embellishment on the heart doily from the kit, and I used Worn Lipstick distress ink on the edges of the doily.  It really makes it pop!  I made a second one, and I used Seedless Preserves distress ink on the edges for that one, and it's a perfect match to the ribbon I used.




Now for stamping!  YAY!  I stamped out the little envelope from Waffle Flower and attached that to the center with a pop dot, and I stamped and die cut the thought bubbles, fountain pens, and ink bottles.  They are soooo cute!




After the die cutting was done, I glued them onto the doilies.   They are ready to go!    These are great pre-made embellishments to have on hand for projects.  They can be quickly glued onto a card base or journal cover when needed.




If you want to see more detail and ideas on making the ribbon flower, watch the video HERE.

To purchase supplies for this project, visit Aunty Vera

Thank you for playing along.  Have a crafty day!

~Lolly
https://www.lollypalooza.net


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...