Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Hello, I Love You: Candy Tin - Lolly's February Project #2

Hello Crafty Friends!

Our February Kit is all about Love and Happy Mail, and Lolly has brought the 2 together very nicely with her gorgeous Candy Tin. It's SO sweet! 
Enjoy!.....



A friend recently gave me some plain silver tin boxes to decorate.  Me? Oh, yes, I'd love to!
I am loving the stamp and die sets from Lawn Fawn that are in the February Kit, and they are the perfect size for this tin.




I knew right away that I wanted a belly band across the lid of the tin, and I wanted it to be made of a row of envelopes.  I stamped the envelopes onto watercolor paper and used a blue paper mask to mask off some of the envelopes when I stamped, to create a layered effect.  I used a very pale blue watercolor to shade the envelopes.







  I love the way it turned out!  I glued the belly band on the right and left sides with Scotch Tacky Glue and let it dry about an hour (I wanted to take extra care that I could slip a card under the band without pulling it up!





(The card and papers used on the tin are from the paper collection is Valentine's Day by Recollections.)

Oh!  The inside of the card! Let's not forget THAT!



Those chickies are TOO CUTE -- and what a great reminder to focus on being a blessing to someone we love, instead of just texting.  :) Technology and instant communication have taken some of the joy and wonder out of relationships.  How often do we receive cards in the mail any more?




Next, I used watercolor paper and the Lawn Fawn ink pad again and stamped out these cuties.  I love that little ink bottle and fountain pen!  Be still, my heart!   And the tiny dies are perfect -- no more fussy cutting.



I also wanted to add chocolates as a gift inside the tin, but I wanted pretty tissue paper, so I stamped on tissue paper.  The Lawn Fawn ink pad dries quickly, so it's great on tissue paper.  I used distress ink for the hearts, and you can see they are more fuzzy (let's call them "dreamy" instead!) because they had time to bleed into the paper due to slower drying times.




So that's my decorated tin project!   I think it turned out so adorable.  If you want to see the video, you will find it HERE.
Thank you for taking a look --

Lolly


Kit products used:
Lawn Fawn "Love Letters" stamps and dies





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...