Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hello, I Love You! Lolly's February Project

Hello Crafty Readers and welcome to a whole new month of awesome crafting! 

Our February Kit is a bit of a hybrid....... we've mixed a little bit of Valentine love with a whole lot of happy mail to bring you "Hello, I Love You" and our Creative Team has gone bananas over it! We think you will too!

Today, Lolly brings us her first February project.... it's so sweet and totally awesome!
Enjoy!!................................




February's kit is uh-MAZ-ing.  If you didn't see my box opening, check it out HERE.
There is something so sweet and encouraging about love, hearts, and happy mail, right? (Just nod your head in agreement.)

I knew right away that I wanted to make a mailbox with Valentine's Day cards in it. I had a white metal mailbox that was blank and just screaming to be decorated!




First, I removed the red flag so that I could paper the mailbox easily.    Well, okay, it was actually my husband who removed the flag by drilling out the post.
     




Then I used a paper heart doily, a burlap heart, and some Scrabble tiles and red ribbon flowers -- the flowers were a thrift store find!  I used a combination of Scotch Tacky Glue and Fabri-Tac adhesive, then E6000 for the Scrabble tiles.   Every time I added a layer, this project seemed to come alive!


 On this side, I glued a layer of burgundy lace seam binding and red rik rak across the bottom, and then some letter tiles I got on clearance last year.

On the flag, the little envelope stamp from Lawn Fawn fit perfectly, and the pink ribbon tied it off nicely.   I reattached the flag with a brad and then covered the brad with a pink heart.




This is the front of the box, on which I used a combination of several pieces of the My Funny Valentine cutouts from Pebbles.  I tell you, those cards are cute, adorable, and downright funny!

There is also a letter & envelope charm here that is so adorable!

What could be more fun than a sweet Valentine mailbox?  A mailbox filled with Valentine cards! I made a set of cards and envelopes to fill my mailbox, but to see them, you are going to have to check out the video!  Tricky, huh?    Check out the video HERE.


This is a genius of a kit, and you can get yours HERE.


Thank you for sharing in my fun, and . . . happy Valentine's Day!
~Lolly

1 comment:

  1. Lolly i love this
    Hope hubby puts something special in it for you on valenntines day
    Very romantic
    Great job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...