Friday, February 10, 2017

Road Test Friday - WOW Embossing Powder with Michelle

Hello Crafty Friends!
Welcome to another Friday Road Test! We'll be giving our Road Testers new products to try out and reporting back the results and (hopefully) great experiences.

We have started to stock WOW Embossing Powder on the website, so today Michelle has a play and lets us know what she thinks...........     










Unfortunately, I had some issues with the embossing powder.


1.   I found to get a high gloss I had to emboss 3 times - but normally if I wanted such a gloss I would use an Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.      

2.   The embossing powder doesnt always melt smooth, I applied very little and applied quick heat to the powder and it often bubbled or appeared rough which is fine .......if you like the look.

3.   I tried the embossing powder on a number projects, paper and chipboard. I found the clear powder didn't stay very clear and the vibrant colours were lost.

4.   The biggest problem is that it is only a teeny jar :(     








Thses are the cards I made with the Wow Clear Embossing Powder.......     

I used watercolour resist, which came out lovely and two white cards with Clear Embossing Powder. All the cards turned out lovely.   My only complaint is that it is not completely clear.     







I found with the Red Embossing Powder that it changed the depth of colour - on some of the chipboard it was beautiful and vibrant, and others it came out darker



With the Red, I created one Red on Red card for Valentines Day and a Watercolour Card.   I liked the results of both cards :)     




I also mixed the red powder with some Stamp It 'Snowflake' Embossing Tinsel to create this canvas......



The white embossing powder stayed lovely and bright on Chipboard.     I was happy with the results. The red embossing powder was used on the hearts and I used the clear to give it extra gloss




'



I then created some cards using the white powder.

With the Wedding card - All white - I was a bit disappointed that it didn't come out a bright white but the card is still lovely.         


   I had some difficulty using it with a resist technique where I put the white embossing powder down first, then coloured - I wasn't happy at all with the texture. With the third card, I put down distress inks first then embossed on top and I was happy with the results.







So there you have it.... pros and cons,,,, pluses and minuses..... You may or may not like this embossing powder, depending on how you wish to use it.
We'd love to hear your comments and experiences (if you've tried this one yourself) in the comments below.

Have a fabulous Friday!
Aunty Vera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...