Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A week of Easter Craft on the Bunny Trail - Lolly's Rolodex Cards

Hello Crafty Friends!

Time for another project in our Week of Easter Craft.
Today Lolly uses our April Kit to create super cute Rolodex Cards.......



I love working with springy, Eastery papers.   Is "Eastery" a word?  It should be!   Let's get started!
I took an imaginary class from Amira called "How to Get Started,"  and I began by stamping out many of the images on watercolor paper and on white card stock that is Copic marker friendly.

 I also used up a lot of scraps and cut out a pile of bunny silhouettes.  I love my bunny pile!   This was fun and therapeutic.  Are you feeling down? Make a bunny pile!  Are you needing some mojo?  Make a bunny pile!  Are you hungry?  Eat a chocolate bunny pile!  But I digress.



Okay, so I knew I wanted to make a stack of Rolodex cards (I use the term interchangeably with Memory Dex, though Memory Dex refers to Heidi Swapp's particular line of Rolodex), and I'm sure most of you expected me to do this, right?    I had actually started another craft, but it has a 48 hour drying time, so in the interim, I made some Rolodex cards!

I have some pastel card stock, and I used those to make journaling cards that are 4 inches wide by 3.25 inches tall (standard Memory Dex size), and I added one simple embellishment to each.  I did not want these cards to be bumpy or lumpy, as the purpose is to journal on them.  I am thinking they are great for writing gratitude notes.



And I used the kit goodies (so much FUN there) to make the cards.   Let's take a look.  I used two circle dies on this one and that ADORABLE Doodlebug dimensional bunny sticker.


I fussy cut some of the eggs from the paper collection and tucked them (and a bunny!) behind a green border die strip.  I think I'm starting to get drawn to the look of horizontal layers across the cards.


This one is an envelope made with the kit paper and a stamped image.  The envelope can be made on a We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board, using a 6.25" square paper and scoring at 3 1/8".



Here I'm using the same border die.  I like using it for faux grass!  Those bunnies pop up in this card again -- I love the look  of them all lined up at different heights.  I also added a teensy nose for each one.



This card uses a strip of the paper that looks like three strips, but it's all one.  I added lines and stitches to give the appearance of three layers, and I used a craft blade to slit holes so I could tuck in an egg and grass and that bunny on top.  I also cut his paws away from his belly so that he could put his paws over the rim of the card.  He looks so cute, as though he's popping in to check on the Easter egg hunt!

This one is more simple -- It's a card that came in the kit.  It was rather flat and undimensional, so I added Fun Flock, glitter, gold pen, and a semi circular saying I cut from paper in the kit.


Time for an Easter basket!  This basket is one of my stamps.  I stamped it on lavender paper to look more springy, tucked in some of the watercolored eggs, and added one of those Prima flower stickers to the handle.   Some lace on the bottom of the "Spring is here" cut out helped to add another layer of interest.


And here's another card with layered borders -- this time I used the washi as one of the borders.  I knew I wanted to use these super cute chickies, but I wanted one to stand out -- literally.  I made her pink and used a 3-D dot to bring her forward.  She loves her place of prominence!


And vellum!  Who doesn't love vellum?  I took a half-sized card and sewed a vellum shaker to the top.  I added a watercolored egg and some chickie sequins to the shaker and finished the card off with the Happy Easter stamped image.  After I made the video, I decided it needed a bright pink ribbon bow, so I added that as an afterthought.




I have a video project share HERE where I give a little more explanation of supplies used on each card.

This is an amazing kit -- you will LOVE it!  You need to "spring" into action and go get one for yourself HERE.

Thank you for taking a look at my collection.  Hope they brightened your day.  If not, then you really need to go make a bunny pile!  :)


Lolly
http://www.lollypalooza.net












1 comment:

  1. Oh My I love what you have created Lolly.. What a wonderful project x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...