Monday, January 8, 2018

Explore 2018! - Sarah's Art Journal Page

Hello Crafty Friends!
Our January Kit is all about travel and exploration... so why not use it to explore your creativity?
Today Sarah begins a new Art Journal..... and I love that she has titled it Explore 2018!




Hi everyone! Sarah here ready to share my first project of the year with the 'Explore 2018' Kit. This kit is so great for new beginnings, and I thought it would be perfect to use as a basis for the first page in my new art journal. 

First, I started by creating a background with the Dina Wakley acrylic paint found in the kit. I didn't cover the whole page because I'm learning to appreciate 'white space' and I wanted it to look a little haphazard. 


Next, I used Ranger Texture Paste with the Tim Holtz Explore stencil to go over the background. I love how this paste dries white, so layering it over a coloured background works really well to add dimension.


To add some more colour, I used the gum leaves from the Kaisercraft Open Road stamp set, coloured with Prima Confections watercolours to put some pops of colours in the corners.


Next, I decided to add a feature to the left hand side of the page. The Kori Kumi memory pockets are so cute, so I decided to utilise one in this project. To make the pocket more functional, I cut the top off the pocket.


I then stuck the beautiful pocket featuring a girl on a bicycle down in the bottom left hand corner.


Careful not to waste anything (especially not when it's this cute!), I saved the scalloped top from the Kori Kumi pocket and glued it to one of the cut parts from the Stargazer paper collection.


You can see how the scalloped edge of the pocket now sits at the top, inside the pocket, acting as a pull tab for the quote card.


Finally, I used some alphabet stamps with Archival ink to add the word 'explore' and fussy cut some numbers from the Stargazer papers to form the '2018'. It might seem cheesy, but I thought the title of this kit worked so well as the title of my 2018 art journal! To finish the page off, I tore some strips of washi from the collection and added the 'adventure this way' stamp to the bottom corner. I thought it might be cute to have the arrow pointing towards the rest of the book - hopefully there will be a lot more art journaling adventures this year.



 And that's the end of my first project for the year! I hope you've enjoyed seeing this project and might be inspired to create something with the kit yourself. 

You can watch my process video HERE.


You can also follow me on instagram and be sure to say hi! You can find me here: https://www.instagram.com/snapshotscribbles/

Bye for now!

xx Sarah xx


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...